3,250 Invitations issued in the latest Express Entry all-program draw
The CRS cut-off score has been dropped by 5 points since the Express Entry draw two weeks ago. Furthermore, the number of invites is rising by 500 each following the Express Entry draw. This is the sixth all-program Express Entry draw of the year.
There was no program defined for this draw, thus invitations were extended to candidates from the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). Express Entry is one of the most well-known immigration options to Canada.
Every draw up until the last one on August 31 shows an increase of 250 candidates receiving ITA. The 500 ITA increased considerably the previous week, and today's draw is a repeat of that norm. The minimum CRS score has also been decreased, dropping eight to nine points per draw. This draw, though, is different because the decrease was only five points. In the draw on July 6, the CRS score was 557 as it was the first draw after the pandemic hiatus.
The IRCC halted all Express Entry draws for a duration of more than 18 months starting in December 2020. Only those applicants were asked to apply during this time who qualified for permanent residency through the CEC or the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). CEC draws, however, were also halted in September 2021.
All program Express Entry draws include all Express Entry profiles under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and Federal Skilled Trades (FST). It also takes into account profiles that fall under any of the aforementioned categories and has received a provincial nomination.
According to the CRS score distribution of applicants in the Express Entry pool as of September 12, the cut-off for the next express entry draw is anticipated to be between 500 and 510.
Awaiting Enhancements and Changes in 2023
In 2023, the IRCC intends to make significant changes to Express Entry in order to better target labor market gaps. Furthermore, the government would have the authority to grant ITAs to people with specific work experience, educational credentials, or linguistic abilities. Any candidate from the categories that they feel will be most able to help Canada's economy and labor force could be the selected one. This will have an effect on the utility of CRS scores in some situations, and they might lose some of their significance in some upcoming draws.
At a technology conference called Collision in June, immigration minister Sean Fraser provided the justification for this proposal. He said that if we could predict the skills that will be required in the next 20 to 30 years, we could bring in individuals who could get started right away and have a significant economic impact.
Nearly 432,000 immigrants are expected to welcome by Canada
According to Sean Fraser, the minister of immigration, Canada will exceed its current annual record of 405 330 new immigrants by the end of 2022. By the end of June, Canada had already accepted more than 300,000 new immigrants as permanent residents.
Canada has accepted 40,785 immigrants using Express Entry so far this year. If immigration increases at the current rate, Canada may even achieve the goal of approximately 432,000 immigrants set forth in the Immigration Levels Plan for 2022.
The IRCC has taken steps to accommodate these numbers, such as making the application process entirely digital and adding an additional 1,250 new employees.
Canada continues seeking more immigration as it tries to deal with a record-low unemployment rate and more than one million job opportunities. Canada cannot support the labor force or economy without immigration due to the rising retirement age over the coming ten years and a low birth rate.
Express Entry System: What is it?
The easiest path to Canadian permanent residency (PR) is through the Express Entry method. After the documents are submitted in accordance with the ITA, the processing time is 6 months.
Express Entry evaluates applicant profiles based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), a points-based system. The Invitation to Apply (ITA) is granted to the applicants who scored the highest, after which they can submit their application for permanent residency.
Express Entry operates as the application management system for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW), the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST).
In the Express Entry pool, applicants for the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are already eligible for at least one of these programs.
The following are the main characteristics of the Express Entry program:
- It is an online tool for managing skilled workers' profiles.
- It is exclusively applicable to the Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Trades, and the Federal Skilled Worker Programs.
- Expression of Interest (EOI) must be submitted by you.
- Following a point-based evaluation of the profile, the candidate's application is sent to the Express Entry Pool.
- According to their needs, employers and Canadian provinces can access the pool and determine the skills and talents of the workers.
- A Canada PR Visa ITA is given to candidates with high profile rankings.
- Processing time for Canada's express entry program ranges from six months to a year. From the time you submit your express entry application to Canada until you receive the ITA (Invitation to Apply). It differs with each applicant; not every application will be processed in the same way.
- You must enter your profile in the express entry pool to begin the process.
- The Canadian immigration officials will review your profile as part of the Canada Express Entry program, and you will be given CRS (Comprehensive Ranking Score).
- You will finally get the ITA (Invitation to Apply) if your CRS qualifies for the express entrance draw.
- You have 60 days from the time you receive the ITA to submit the required documents to become a PR (permanent residence).
- For a period of one year, your profile will remain in the express entry pool.
- The immigration authorities will issue the PR visa within six months or less of receiving the applicant's documentation.
Eligibility Requirements for Express Entry
Ideal candidates for Express Entry have a university or college degree, relevant work experience, and strong English and/or French language abilities.
To qualify for Express Entry, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- have at least one year of experience in a profession requiring expertise.
- The required age range is 18 to 46.
- have the appropriate education and language abilities
- have never been convicted of a crime
- have good health history
- have adequate financial resources
If you meet the requirements listed above, you may apply for the Canadian Express Entry System.
Are you considering relocating to Canada?
The moment is now to take action.