67 POINTS FOR EXPRESS ENTRY ELIGIBILITY
In order to fill its economic needs; Canada welcomes thousands of skilled immigrants through its various pathways every year. Interested candidates, who want to move to Canada as a skilled worker, need to apply for Canada PR Visa via the Express Entry program, as it is one of the major programs under Canada Immigration. Visa Solutions 4U, as the best Canada PR consultant in Delhi, India, provides every aspects and detail about what is Express Entry Process and Canada immigration eligibility points also known as 67 Points.
You can apply for a Canada PR and immigrate to the country through the Canada Express Entry method. The IRCC uses it to manage skilled worker immigration applications for professionals intending to immigrate to Canada. In less than a year, candidates can apply to live, work, and become permanent residents of Canada according to the Express Entry immigration system. Express Entry has 3 main programs to choose from, after the evaluation of your Express Entry Eligibility.
Following are the programs which are managed under Express Entry:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
You can also relocate to Canada through the Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP).
67 Points Calculator Criteria
On successfully scoring 67 points and meeting the below mentioned minimum criteria, a profile in the express entry program can be created:
- Language Proficiency: In order to be eligible for the same one needs to have a minimum level of CLB 7 in either of the official languages whether English or French in each module i.e. Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening. For the same the candidate is required to score minimum 6 bands in IELTS for English Language. In case one knows both the official languages then he/she would be awarded with additional points under 67 points calculator.
- Work Experience: A minimum work experience of one year is mandatory in the past ten years in the relevant field which comes under NOC skill type 0, A or B.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have completed a high school diploma/degree and his/her education must be up to the mark as per Canadian level. For the same one needs to have ECA i.e. Education Credential Assessment.
- Age: In order to be applicable for the same, a minimum of 18 years of age is required. People who are aged between 18 to 35 receive 12 points. Anyone above the age of 35, will score lesser than 12 points to add for Canada immigration eligibility points.
- Proof of funds: The candidate is required to show the proof of settlement funds that he/she would be able to support themselves along with their family in case the family is accompanying the candidate.
- Valid Job Offer: Though it is not mandatory to have an arranged employment but it is advisable that one should have one because extra points are given for the same while assessing Express Entry eligibility. The candidate should meet at least one of the below mentioned conditions to gain those additional points:
- Currently working in Canadian territory under work permit or on an LMIA-exempt work issued under the territorial or provincial agreement
- Currently working on a permit based on the LMIA in the profession of skilled trades worker in any type.
- Authority to work in Canada via an open work permit or a similar one.
Calculation of 67 points for Express Entry Eligibility
Following are the maximum points which are awarded on the basis of following factors:
- Language Proficiency: Maximum 28 points
- Educational Qualification: Maximum 25 points
- Work Experience: Maximum 15 points
- Age: Maximum 12 points
- Valid Job Offer: Maximum 10 points
- Relations in Canada: Maximum 10 points
Following table shows how points are awarded in 67 points calculator for Canadian immigration
1. Age (Maximum 12 points)
|Age (In Years)||Points Awarded|
|47 or older||0|
2. Language Ability (Maximum 28 Points)
The two official languages of Canada are English and French language.
The proficiency in the first official language will get you a maximum of 24 points, while your skills in the second official language will earn you a maximum of 4 points while assessing your Canada immigration eligibility points.
First Official Language - maximum of 24 points:
|CLB Level||Speaking||Listening||Reading||Writing||Scores given per ability|
Second Official Language - maximum of 4 points:
|CLB Level||Speaking||Listening||Reading||Writing||Scores given per ability|
3. Education Qualification (Maximum 25 points)
|Education Level||Points Awarded|
|Professional Degree or Master's degree||23|
|2 or more Postgraduate credentials or certificate courses||22|
|3 years or longer post-secondary educational credential assessment||21|
|2-year post-secondary qualifications or courses||19|
|1 year post-secondary program qualifications or credentials||15|
|Secondary School Education||5|
Note: Foreign candidates must have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report while applying for Canadian Immigration. This report assess whether the candidate’s foreign education is as per the Canadian Standards or not.
4. Work Experience (Maximum 15 points)
|Work in Canada Experience||Maximum Points|
|1 Years||9 Points|
|2-3 Years||11 Points|
|4-5 Years||13 Points|
|Above 6 years||15 Points|
5. Adaptability (Maximum 10 points)
The candidate’s in law partner/Spouse also plays a major role in the CRS score as maximum 10 points can be awarded for the same.
|Adaptability Factors||Maximum Points|
|Previous work experience in a skilled occupation in Canada for at least one year||10 Points|
|Any kind of arranged employment in Canada||5 Points|
|Having any relatives in Canada||5 Points|
|Having done any previous research or study in Canada||5 Points|
|If your partner or spouse has previous work experience in Canada||5 Points|
|If your partner or spouse has done any post-secondary course or has studied in Canada||5 Points|
|If your partner or spouse's CLB Level is four or higher||5 Points|
6. Arranged Employment (Maximum 10 points)
The points would be awarded if the candidate will meet one of the following conditions:
- If the candidate is currently working in Canadian territory on a work permit or on an LMIA-exempt work issued under a territorial or a provincial agreement.
- If the candidate is currently working on a permit based on the LMIA in any type of skilled trades worker profession.
- If the candidate is authorized to work in Canada through an open work permit or a similar permit.
How to improve your score?
If in case you are not able to score 67 points or higher for Canada immigration eligibility points, you can follow the below mentioned things to increase your score:
- Improvement in language skills
- Completing another degree/diploma/certificate
- Getting a valid job offer in Canada
1) What is the difference between 67 points system and CRS score?
67 point system is the express entry eligibility grid for you. To compete among the candidates inside the pool, CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) grid is used. CRS point system is calculated out of 1200.
2) What is the need of scoring 67 points?
In order to be considered eligible for Canada Permanent Residency by the federal government one should score 67 points out of a total of 100 points. This system allows the IRCC to identify candidates who can contribute to the economy and meet particular labor requirements.It is main Express Entry Eligibility calculator.
3) How long does Express Entry take?
The process starts from submission of the Express Entry profile and goes on until you are given a PR visa which takes about 6 months. However, it is dependent on case to case how much time it will take. It is to be noted that your EE profile remains active in the pool of candidates for a year if you haven’t received your ITA (Invitation to apply).
4) What is the maximum CRS score in Canada?
Candidates can score a maximum of 600 CRS points without PNP or employment Offer.
How VS4U can help you?
One of the top Canada immigration consultants in Delhi NCR, Visa Solutions 4U, can assist you with the entire process, saving you time as they will easily guide you through each step and ensure that you have your ITA as soon as possible.
We offer assistance with PR visas, study visas, tourist visas, work visas, and numerous other varieties of visas. As an ever-evolving and the best study abroad consultants in Delhi and immigration consultants in Delhi, we continuously improve and extend the scope of our services.
Apart from these services, we offer customized services such as:
- Profile Evaluation: In-depth assessment of the candidate’s profile to see the probabilities of visa success.
- Documents & Review: Detailed, error-free documentation support written in specific formats.
- Dedicated Case Manager: A dedicated adviser is provided to help applicants throughout the method.
- Visa Filing: VS4U ensures that the visa applications meet all the quality necessities involved in the immigration process.
- Language proficiency tests: Complimentary on-line and offline offered to assist aspirants improve their Language Proficiency for necessary exams like IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Mock Interviews – Guidance is provided to aspirants attending visa interviews at the side of verified documents.
- Post Landing Services – VS4U provides accommodation and job help post landing particularly in Canada as we have got our Head Branch in Canada that helps candidates to settle down within the new country.