Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP)
Being bordered by attractive rocky mountains, Alberta is located in the western Canada hosting the cities of Calgary and Edmonton and is bordered by beautiful rocky mountains which makes it extremely prominent among the immigrants.
Alberta Advantage Immigrant Program (AAIP): It is an immigration program that nominates people for permanent residency in Alberta for which they must hold certain skills that are in demand in the province.
Following are the streams under this program divided among two categories :
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Alberta Express Entry
- Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway
- Rural Renewal Stream
- Farm Stream
- Rural Entrepreneur Stream
- Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
Let’s discuss each stream in depth:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream: The foreign nationals who are already working full time in Alberta on temporary basis and who holds an official offer of employment in an eligible occupation are targeted under this stream. In order to be eligible for this stream the candidate needs to meet certain criteria as specified under this stream.
- Alberta Express Entry Stream: The candidates who have active profiles in the federal Express Entry system are offered provincial nomination under this stream by Alberta. In addition, individuals who have strong links to Alberta and can contribute in the economic development are preferred over others. After the candidates receive provincial nomination through this stream under Express Entry, they are automatically given 600 points in their CRS Score which guarantees their ITA i.e., Invitation to Apply(ITA) for PR in the consequent Express Entry draw.
- Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway: This stream allows some candidates from Express Entry, who holds a valid job offer at a Tech Organisation or in an eligible tech role to apply for nomination with accelerated processing. In order to be eligible for the same the candidates are required to be under the Alberta Express Entry stream and they must be working in one of the 38 tech occupations which are identified as in-demand by the AAIP or have an employement offer with an employer of Alberta who is part of an eligible tech industry.
- Rural Renewal Stream: This Stream empowers the rural communities to hire and retain foreign nationals to live, work and settle in their communities. Through this program, the province fulfills its economic developmental needs which contributes to the growth of the community.
- Farm Stream: The foreign nationals who have extensive experience in owning and operating in a farm holding some required financial resources to launch a new farming operation in Alberta are targeted under this stream. In order to be considered for this stream the candidates need to submit a detailed proposal under which they must outline their plan in depth.
- Rural Entrepreneur Stream: This stream is an economic immigration program. Interested Entrepreneurs who want to establish a business or acquire an existing business in a rural Alberta community can submit an EOI i.e., Expression of Interest.
- Graduate Entrepreneur: This program is a pathway to PR for International graduates who are from Alberta’s post-secondary institutions and wants to start a business in the province. It uses a points based EOI to rank the applicants. Those candidates who will receive maximum points will be invited to submit a detailed application of their business. Applicants who will be successful will be issued a nomination for permanent residency by the province.
- Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream: Individuals who have completed an international post-secondary credential and have an aim to start and operate a business in Alberta are targeted under this stream. In order to be eligible for this stream candidates need to meet certain criteria. On successful submission of their profile they will receive the invitation to apply for their permanent residency if they are meeting all the necessary requirements.
Apart from the above mentioned stream there used to be two more streams which are now closed by the province. Following are the same:
- AAIP Strategic Recruitment Stream
- AAIP Employer-Driven Stream
Note: On February 16, 2022, the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) was renamed to the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP). The name of the entrepreneur streams were also changed, which will be sooner updated on the website.
Eligibility criteria of AAIP are dependent on specific subcategories. The candidates are eligible to apply for this program if they have:
- Valid work permit obtained through Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). However, this is not required in the following circumstances:
- Applicants have an LMIA exempt occupation
- Applicants have a post-graduation work permit
- Status of temporary resident in Canada
- Work in an occupation that is recognized by AINP
- Relevant work experience for the occupation they want to get in
- Language proficiency under which they must score at least CLB 5 and NCLC (in some cases 7 is also required) in IELTS/CELPIP/TEF
- Educational certificate from a post-secondary institution OR a diploma for two years OR an undergraduate/ graduate degree
- Full-time work expertise of one year months within 18 months in Alberta province OR full-time work experience of 2 years within 30 months in Canada
- Proof of funds
- Valid passport
- Fully completed and signed application form
- Work permit
- Birth certificate
- Address proof
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Police clearance certificate
- Language skills results:
- In case of English – IELTS/CELPIP
- In case of French – TCF/TEF
- Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Employee reference letter (if required)
- Letter of employment
- Statement of Earnings
- Proof of funds
How to apply for AAIP?
- Initially the candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria for which they must generate an Express Entry profile and submit the necessary documents.
- When the application reaches the Express Entry pool then the province reviews the profile and then they may receive the NOI (Notification of Interest) from Alberta via the Express Entry portal.
- After receiving the NOI, they must submit a complete application within the specified time period after which they receive the provincial nomination. On acceptance of the same the candidate receive 600 points in their CRS score automatically.
- On receiving the same the applicant must submit the EOI (Expression of Interest) which is required to check the Education level of the candidates whether it is meeting the canadian standards or not.. Lastly, the Candidates are selected from the Express Entry draw and then they receive their Invitation to Apply (ITA).
COST OF AINP: The applicants have to pay the fees mentioned below:
- Right of PR Fee - CAD 500
- Processing Fee – CAD 550
- Dependent child – CAD 225
PROCESSING TIME: The processing time period is different in different categories:
- Skilled Worker – 1 month minimum
- Semi-skilled Graduates – 4 months minimum
- International Graduates – 1 month minimum
- Engineering Occupations – 1 month minimum
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category – 1 month minimum
How VS4U can help you?
- Profile Evaluation: In-depth assessment of the candidate’s profile to see the probabilities of visa success.
- Documents & Review: Detailed, error-free documentation support written in specific formats.
- Dedicated Case Manager: A dedicated adviser is provided to help applicants throughout the method.
- Visa Filing: VS4U ensures that the visa applications meet all the quality necessities involved in the immigration process.
- Language Proficiency Tests: Complimentary online and offline offered to assist aspirants improve their Language Proficiency for necessary exams like IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Mock Interviews: Guidance is provided to aspirants attending visa interviews at the side of verified documents.
- Post-Landing Services: VS4U provides accommodation and job help post landing particularly in Canada as we have got our Head Branch in Canada that helps candidates to settle down within the new country.