BRITISH COLUMBIA PROVINCIAL NOMINATION PROGRAM
British Columbia is located in western Canada which makes it a unique province as it is surrounded by Pacific Ocean and extremely beautiful Rocky Mountains. British Columbia continues to rely on economic immigration path such as BC PNP to fill labour existing gaps despite having the highest national rate of economic growth. As the top Canada immigration consultants in Delhi, India, Visa Solutions 4U gives you all the information you require on PNP immigration for British Columbia, Canada.
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) of British Columbia is the province's only direct economic immigration program for bringing in new British Columbia Residents. It offers highly qualified, in-demand employees and experienced entrepreneurs a route to permanent residence, allowing them to settle in BC and start a family.
British Columbia PNP
The BC Provincial Nominee Program offers several immigration streams divided among various pathways.
Following are the main pathways:
1) Skills Immigration program
This program is applicable to solely expert and semi-skilled employees in high-demand occupations in British Columbia PNP. This is shaped in such a way that it is for each experienced as well non experienced worker. It uses a point-based invite system.
Following are the classes underneath this program:
- British Columbia Skilled Worker - Individuals who have obtained an eligible job offer in a skilled occupation fall into this category. Workers in skilled occupations need to have extensive experience.
- British Columbia Health Care Professional - Individuals with experience and employment, offers as physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses, or allied health professionals, may apply in this category. An eligible work offer for one of 11 qualifying health occupations is necessary.
- British Columbia International Graduate - Individuals who have just graduated from an eligible Canadian university or college fall into this category. To be qualified for this sub-category, you must have a job offer from a employer of British Columbia Canada.
- British Columbia ELSS - Workers in specific entry-level or semi-skilled jobs in tourism/hospitality, food processing, or long-haul trucking, as well as those in entry-level or semi-skilled jobs residing and working in British Columbia’s Northeast Development Region, may be eligible for immigration under this program.
To start the process under these programs you need to register and apply on-line for the BC PNP and you need to file a paper application process as well for permanent residency.
Application Fee: The processing fee for this category is CAD $1,150. An additional fee of CAD $500 would be charged in case the candidate request for review.
Processing Time: The usual processing time is 2-3 months.
Minimum Requirements for this stream of BC PNP:
- Must have a full-time job offer for each stream except for the International Post-Graduate stream.
- Must have a pay offer in accordance with the provincial pay rates. International Post Graduate Category is exempted from this.
- Must show proof of funds that he/she can support themselves and their family (except for the International Post-Graduate Category).
- Must meet minimum language requirements.
In addition to the above requirements the candidates must also meet any additional requirements specific to their category. Moreover, the employer also needs to meet eligibility criteria.
2) Express Entry British Columbia
Express Entry BC is a quicker approach for eligible skilled workers to immigrate to British Columbia Canada. In order to be eligible for this you must also qualify for a federal economic immigration program. It uses a points-based invitation system. However, you do not require British Columbia’s work experience for this program but you must have relevant work experience. In addition, you need to meet other requirements such as education and language.
The following categories may be managed through Express Entry:
- Skilled Worker Category
- Health Care Professional Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Post-Graduate Category
Application Fee: CAD $1,150
Processing Time: 2-3 months
Minimum Requirements for this category of BC PNP:
The candidates must have a valid profile with the federal Express Entry system along with which they:
- Must have a Job Seeker Validation Code from the EE system;
- Must have a full-time job offer (exception in the case of International Post-Graduate Category);
- Must have a pay offer in accordance with BC pay rates (except for the International Post-Graduate Category);
- Must be able to support themselves and their family (except for the International Post-Graduate Category);
- Must meet minimum language requirements
- In addition to the above requirements the candidates must also meet any additional requirements specific to their category. Moreover, the employer also needs to meet eligibility criteria.
3) Entrepreneur Immigration
The Entrepreneur Immigration program is for experienced entrepreneurs who wish to start a business in British Columbia Canada. It is a points-based invite system. Applicants must have the required investment funds to apply for this program.
Following are the categories under this:
A. British Columbia Entrepreneur (Base category)
Minimum requirements the applicant must:
- Have personal net worth of at least $600,000 which includes cash, assets in bank accounts, fixed deposits, real properties and investments. The net worth must be legally attained and may be under the spouse or common-law partner's name. This net worth must verifiable if the applicant receives the Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- Have post-secondary testimonial or experience as an active business owner with 100% possession of the business for at least 3 years within the previous 5 years.
- Create at least one new job in the planned BC corporation.
- Have private investment of CAD $200,000 in eligible expenditures.
Entrepreneur Immigration Fees:
- Registration Fee: CAD $300
- Application Fee: CAD $3,500
- Request for Review: CAD $500
B. British Columbia Entrepreneur Regional Pilot
To be eligible for the BC PNP EI Regional pilot, a potential applicant must:
- have a minimum personal net value of $300,000
- hold ownership of an active business and must have senior management experience within the last five years that includes:
- Three or more years of expertise as an active business owner/manager or,
- Four or more years of expertise as a senior manager; or
- a mixture of one or more years of experience as owner or as manager and two or more years of experience as a senior manager.
- Meet minimum language requirement of CLB level 4
- Provide a business plan to establish a new eligible business in a registered B.C. community;
- Have either a post-secondary qualification OR experience as a business owner/manager with 100% ownership of the business for at least 3 out of 5 years;
- Demonstrate that he or she will hold at least 51% ownership of the planned business; and
- Be able to make a minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments in the proposed business in case they are Invited to apply (ITA).
C. British Columbia Strategic Projects
The minimum requirements for this category are different for companies and key staff members.
Strategic Projects Fees:
- Registration Fee: CAD $300
- Application Fee: CAD $3,500
- Key Staff Fee: The fee for respective key staff is CAD $1,000
Registration score announcement: 6 weeks
Application time period: 4 months
4) British Columbia PNP Tech Stream
It is an accelerated pathway for in demand workers and international graduates. In order to be eligible for this, the candidates must hold a valid job offer of minimum 12 months in one of the 29 eligible occupations within the last 120 days remaining at the time of application. Following are the 29 eligible occupations :
- Telecommunication carriers managers
- Computer and information systems managers
- Managers - publication, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
- Civil engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Electrical and electronics engineers
- Chemical engineers
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Database analysts and data administrators
- Software engineers and designers
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Web designers and developers
- Biological technologists and technicians
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment
- Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- Computer network technicians
- User support technicians
- Information systems testing technicians
- Authors and writers
- Translators, terminologists and interpreters
- Broadcast technicians
- Audio and video recording technicians
- Other technical and coordinative occupations in broadcasting and performing arts
- Occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts
- Graphic designers and illustrators
- Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade
In addition, the candidate needs to be registered in one of the British Columbia’s existing provincial immigration streams to qualify for the program.
It must be noted that the invitations are sent weekly to the eligible top scoring candidates through the province’s tech program. Those who receive the same needs to apply for provincial nomination and requires to submit a complete application. Once it is completed, it will take about 2-3 months to process the tech applications.
If the application is approved then the applicants receive a nomination confirmation under which they would be granted 600 points automatically for their CRS score which can result in increasing the chance of receiving the ITA i.e., Invitation to Apply for Permanent Residency under the BC PNP class by IRCC.
How can you apply for BC PNP?
The process is different for each of the above-mentioned categories. To know more about BC PNP and application process, contact Visa Solutions 4U, one of the best Canada PR Consultant in Delhi, team and they will guide you at each and every step starting from your profile evaluation till the time you land at your dream destination, we will be there for you as we believe in providing end-to-end services.
Book your free session with us and get your profile evaluated by our experts who will assist you for the next steps to be take your application forward. We also have other services such as Study Visa, Work Visa, Tourist Visa and many more as we are expanding our services being one of the best Canada PR consultant in Delhi and pioneering study abroad consultants of Delhi NCR.