CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS (CEC)
This program is for those people who wish to settle in Canada as permanent residents and are skilled in their fields holding minimum required Canadian work experience. Those are eligible for this program can apply through Express Entry.
ABOUT EXPRESS ENTRY
Express Entry is the fastest and most popular pathway for immigrants who are looking forward to settle in Canada. Canadian PR applications submitted through the Express Entry system have a typical processing time of 6 months.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS CEC?
1) LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: The candidates need to meet the required language criteria i.e.; you must be either proficient in either English or French. For this you need to give language tests under which you need to score minimum scores in each of the following modules:
Below mentioned are the few Canadian accepted language tests to score the language proficiency for English and French:
- CELPIP - General - For English
- IELTS - General - For English
- TEF - For French
- TCF - For French
Note: For Skill level NOC 0 and A you need to score minimum CLB 7 and for skill level NOC B you need to score minimum CLB 5.
2) WORK EXPERIENCE: The applicants must have minimum one year of skilled work experience in Canada in the last in the last three years.
According to NOC the skilled work experience means:
- Managerial jobs (skill level 0)
- Professional jobs (skill type A)
- Technical jobs (skill type B)
This can be met in few different ways:
- Full time at one job: This means that you need to work at least 30 hours per week for 12 months which equals to one-year full time i.e., 1560 hours.
- Equal amount of work in part time: This means that you could have worked 15 hours per week for 24 months in part time which equals to one year i.e., 1560 hours.
- Full time work at more than one job: This means that you could have worked for 30 hours per week for 12 months at more than one job in full time which equals to 1560 hours.
How the work experience is calculated?
The work experience is only counted when you are getting paid for it either in the form of wages or commission. You must note that unpaid internships and volunteering is not considered under your work experience. Additionally, you can work in as many part time jobs as you want, there is no restriction for the same. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that you are meeting the minimum 1560 hours criteria.
NOTE: Self-employment and student work experience doesn’t count under this program.
Who are not eligible for CEC?
- Those people who are refugees Claimant of Canada,
- Working without authorization,
- Have work experience without temporary resident status in Canada, and are not eligible for CEC.
3) EDUCATION: If you studied in Canada, you get points for the same depending on the program you studied whether a certificate, diploma or a degree. In addition, if you have international education then you are assessed on the basis of your ECA i.e., Educational Credential Assessment under which your qualifications are assessed in a manner to check whether it meets the Canadian Standards or not.
HOW CAN YOU APPLY?
- Initially, you need to create an Express Entry profile.
- On the basis of information provided, you will get your CRS score.
- You will receive your ITA i.e., invitation to apply if your CRS score is meeting the cutoff criteria.
- After receiving your ITA you need to submit your documents to complete your application.
- On application submission, you will receive a COPR (Confirmation on Permanent Residence) document.
- Can you apply for CEC outside Canada?
Yes, you can if you are meeting the above-mentioned criteria.
- What is the processing time of CEC?
It usually takes 3-4 months only as it is the only fastest route under Express Entry which can get you PR in very less time.
- Is there any proof of funds you need to show?
No, under CEC there is no requirement to show proof of funds.
- How can you calculate your CRS score?
To check your CRS score you simply need to use VS4U CRS calculator.
- Does your internship experience count towards your CRS score?
It is only considered if your internship was paid and was not a part of your education.
How VS4U can help you?
VS4U will guide you with each and every step of your CEC process and will make sure you get your PR as we offer end to end services and make sure our applicant’s dreams gets fulfilled.