WHAT IS EXPRESS ENTRY?
Express Entry is the fastest and most popular pathway for immigrants who are looking forward to settle in Canada. Canadian PR applications submitted through the Express Entry system have a typical processing time of 6 months.
ELGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR EXPRESS ENTRY
The candidates who are graduated from University or Colleges and have relevant skilled work experience and holds a good command on English or French language are eligible for Express Entry. The candidates who qualify the above-mentioned programs are eligible for Express Entry. Moreover, you can apply for Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) under express entry. For this you will receive extra points in case you are nominated and you would be given priority over others.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPRESS ENTRY
Following are the requirements to apply to Express Entry as a skilled worker:
- You must have minimum 1 year of experience in the last 10 years of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time in a skilled occupation.
- You must be able to score a minimum CLB 7 in either English or French proficiency test.
- You must have completed post-secondary education that can withstand as per the Canadian Standards.
Kindly note that Candidates with stronger profiles will always be nominated over candidates that just meet the minimum requirement.
Following are the factors that can boost your chances of getting selected:
- Higher educational qualification – Masters or PhD
- Bilingual in French and English
- Canadian work or educational experience
- Valid job offer from employer in Canada
- Blood relation in Canada
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS NEEDED?
For your profile submission:
- A passport or travel document
- Language test score card
- Proof of Canadian education or ECA report in case of foreign education
- Provincial nomination (If you have one)
- Valid job offer from employer in Canada (If you have one)
- Proof of funds
For your application of Permanent Residency
In case you are invited to apply then you will need the following:
- A copy of above listed documents when you submitted your profile
- Police certificates
- Medical exams
- Proof of funds
- Birth certificate – In an event of a dependent child
- Representative form – In case you have hired a representative
- Common law union form – If you have declared marital status as common law
- Marriage certificate – If case of marriage
- Divorce certificate – In case of separation
- Death certificate – In an event of death of the spouse
- Adoption certificate – It is required in a circumstance where your dependent child id adopted
These are not mandatory to submit , these are only required to check if you are meeting the eligibility criteria of the program you are applying for :
- Proof of relatives in Canada
- Digital photos to confirm your identity
- Authority to release your personal information to DIF ( Designated Individual form )
- Other required documents that might be relevant to your application
What is the maximum age for Express Entry?
No maximum age is applicable for Express Entry applicants. However, the applicants who are between 20-29 years of age receive the maximum points for age. Your points can be compensated if you have high level of education or networks in Canada in case you are above 35 years of age.
How much does Express Entry cost?
- Language tests – $300
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) – $200
- Biometrics: $85/person
- Government fees: $1,325/adult & $225/child
- Medical examination fees: – $450/adult & $250/child
- Police clearance certificates: – $100
How long does Express Entry take?
The process starts from submission of the Express Entry profile and goes on until you are given a PR visa which takes about 6 months. However, it is dependent on case to case how much time will it take. It is to be noted that your EE profile remains active in the pool of candidates for a year if you haven’t received your ITA (Invitation to apply).
What happens when you are not selected even after 12 months?
Your profile remains valid for 12 months in the pool. Nevertheless, you are welcome to resubmit your profile in case you have not been selected. Within 60 days of receiving the ITA you will have to provide the full application of documents as requested. Your permanent resident visa should be processed in 6 months or less, once the authorities have received your complete application.
Can I apply to Express Entry twice?
No, there cannot be two Express Entry applications for the similar applicant at the same time. In case if you are married and your spouse is eligible then you can submit your profile with them because you can have two profiles for the same family in certain circumstances. If after 12 months you don’t receive your ITA then you can resubmit your profile and stay in the Express Entry pool for an additional 12 months. This can be repetitive as many times as required.
WHAT SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT STEP?
Get in touch with VS4U experts and get your profile evaluated today by our experts who will guide through each and every step and will make sure that you receive your Invitation to apply (ITA).