What is Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)?
Express Entry is the fastest way to get permanent residency of Canada. Canadian PR applications submitted through the Express Entry system have a typical processing time of 6 months.
It manages three programs under it. These three are:
1. CANADA EXPERIENCE CLASS (CEC)
2. FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM (FSWP)
3. FEDERAL SKILLED TRADES PROGRAM (FSTP)
Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP):
It is one of the three federal immigration programs managed Express Entry system. Similar to other programs it also uses a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to rank candidates and invites only those who are most competitive than others.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FSTP
- SKILLED WORK EXPERIENCE - A candidate must have at least two years of full-time work experience in a skilled trade or an equivalent amount of experience in part time work in order to be eligible for FSTP. Correspondingly this work experience must have been obtained within the previous five years and it is only considered after an individual have been granted the certification to practice trade in their country of residence.
Refer to the information given below to check the federal skilled occupation list’s NOC code for each occupation groups defined under this program:
- Major occupations groups
- 72 – Industrial, Technical and Electrical Trades
- 73 – Maintenance and Equipment Operation Trades
- 82 – Technical and supervisors’ jobs in natural resources, agriculture related production
- 92 – Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
- Minor occupations groups
- 632 – Chefs and Cooks
- 633 – Butchers and Bakers
- Major occupations groups
- LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: The candidates need to meet the required language criteria i.e.; you must be either proficient in either English or French. For this you need to give language tests under which you need to score minimum scores in each of the following modules:
HOW TO APPLY?
If the applicant meets the above-stated criteria, then they are eligible for the FSTP program and can submit their Express Entry profile to IRCC. However, it must be noted that you will not receive your invitation to apply (ITA) on just submission of the EE profile. There are many candidates among you who might be given priority depending on their level of education and experience.
Lastly, you receive your CRS score only after submission of your EE profile.
To apply for FSTP you need to submit the following documents:
- Language Proficiency Test Results: You need to check whether your score cards are valid on the day of application submission or not. Usually, all the tests are valid up to 2 years.
- Identification Documents: The candidate needs to submit all the relevant documents of identification including a valid passport.
- Educational documents: Though educational documents are not required for this program but an applicant must show certain documents in order to get points for education. For this the candidate must provide a valid ECA report. This report assesses your education level whether your qualifications are as per Canadian standards or not. However, it is only required in case you have an international education. If you have completed your studies from Canada itself then it would not be mandatory in some cases.
- Proof of funds: You need to show that you have enough funds to settle yourself along with your family unless,
- You have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada
- You are putting your application in Canadian Experience Class(CEC)
- You are currently allowed to legally work in Canada
In case you are not meeting the above stated circumstances then it is mandatory to show funds. Well, this is totally dependent on the following requirements on how much funds you need to show:
The size of your family for which you need to calculate:
- Your spouse or partner
- Your dependent Children
- Your spouse's dependent Children
Note: - Even if your spouse and dependent children are not coming to Canada with you or they are permanent residents or Canadian citizens already still you need to consider them in the size of your family while showing your funds.
Check below on how much funds would be required according to the number of family members:
Number of family members and costs accordingly
- ONE MEMBER - $13213
- TWO MEMBERS - $16,449
- THREE MEMBERS - $20,222
- FOUR MEMBERS - $24,553
- FIVE MEMBERS - $27,847
- SIX MEMBERS - $31,407
- SEVEN MEMBERS - $34,967
- For each additional family member cost is $3,560.
Following are the things you need to consider:
- You can’t use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds.
- The amount must be borrowed from another person
- You must be able to bear the cost of living of your family members even if they are not coming with you.
- You can count money you have in your joint account with your spouse it they are coming with you. You can also count money of your spouse's personal account if you have access to it.
- You need to prove to the immigration officer that you have legal access to the money to use in Canada when you will arrive there.
- You need to get official letters from any financial institution or bank wherever you are keeping your money.
The letter must:
- Be printed on the bank's letterhead
- Include all the necessary information like name, address, telephone number and email address
- Contain a list of your outstanding debts
- Include account number, date each account was opened, current balance, average balance for the past 6 months (This is for both current and investment account)
WHAT SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT STEPS?
VS4U assist you with each and everything right from beginning till that time you land in Canada we are there for you at each and every step. Moreover, our relationship doesn't end here we provide you post landing services as well and remains in touch with you forever. In case you get in any sort of trouble we would always be there for you to resolve it.