WHAT IS FSWP?
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is for those people who are skilled international workers and wants to immigrate to Canada permanently with Canada PR under Express Entry System. To be eligible for the same one needs to have some work experience.
However, there are many more factors on which your application is assessed:
- Age: Young candidates who has good educational background and holds some work expertise are always preferred over others.
- Language Ability: You must have good command on either English/French Language in order to be eligible for FSWP. For this you need to take approved language tests in the following modules:
In all the modules you need to get a minimum score of CLB 7 as mentioned by the respective examination committees.
Note : After the date of your test results your language tests are valid for 2 years. Therefore you need to make sure your language proficiency tests are not expired on the day you would be applying for permanent residency.
- Education: You would be required to submit an Education Credentials Assessment i.e., ECA if you have completed your studies outside Canada. This is needed to assess your education level whether it is meeting the Canadian Standards or not.
- Adaptability: If you have any blood Relation in Canada then it improves your chances of approval as you would be able to settle in more smoothly than others.
- Valid job offer: If you have a valid job offer available then your chances of getting the ITA (Invitation to Apply) is high.
- Skilled Work Experience: Your chances of getting selected are high if you have skilled work experience in one of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups :
- Managerial jobs i.e., a skill type 0
- Professional jobs i.e., skill level A
- Technical jobs and skilled trades i.e., skill level B
However, it must be shown that while you were working in your primary occupation, you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC.
Additionally, your skilled work expertise must be:
- In the same type of job as mentioned in the same NOC for the job you want to use for your application which is known to be your primary occupation.
- Within the last ten years
- Paid Work - This means you get wages/commission for your work. It must not be a volunteer work or unpaid internship.
- Minimum one year of continuous work experience or 1560 hours total ( 30 hours per week ) - it can be met in a few different ways :
- Full time at one job : 30 hours/week for 12 months which equals to one year full time i.e., 1560 hours in total
- Equal amount in part time work : This means 15 hours/ week for 24 months which equals to one year full time i.e., 1560 hours
- Full time at more than one job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job which equals to one year full time i.e., 1560 hours.
Note:If anybody works part time then there is no restriction on how many number of part time jobs you can work. However you must meet the minimum requirement i.e., 1560 hours.
To add further if you have a student work experience i.e., when you were studying as well as working on part time then that experience can also be counted if you meet the below mentioned requirements:
- You were paid wages/commission
- The work was continuous i.e. no gaps in the employment period
- Meet the above mentioned requirements of the program
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Proof of funds: You need to show that you have enough funds to settle yourself along with your family unless,
- You have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada
- You are putting your application under CEC i.e., Canadian Experience Class
- You are currently allowed to legally work in Canada
In case you are not meeting the above stated circumstances then it is mandatory to show funds. Well, this is totally dependent on the following requirements on how much funds you need to show :
The size of your family for which you need to calculate
- Your spouse or partner
- Your dependent Children
- Your spouse's dependent Children
Note: Even if your spouse and dependent children are not coming to Canada with you or they are permanent residents or Canadian citizens already still you need to consider them in the size of your family while showing your funds.
Check below on how much funds would be required according to the number of family members:
Number of family members and costs accordingly,
- ONE MEMBER - $13213
- TWO MEMBERS - $16,449
- THREE MEMBERS - $20,222
- FOUR MEMBERS - $24,553
- FIVE MEMBERS - $27,847
- SIX MEMBERS - $31,407
- SEVEN MEMBERS - $34,967
- For each additional family member cost is $3,560.
Following are the things you need to consider :
- You cant use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds.
- The money cannot be borrowed from another person
- You must be able to bear the cost of living of your family members even if they are not coming with you.
- You can count money you have in your joint account with your spouse it they are coming with you. You can also count money of your spouse's personal account if you have access to it.
- You need to prove to the immigration officer that you have legal access to the money to use in Canada when you will arrive there.
- You need to get official letters from any financial institution or bank wherever you are keeping your money. The letter must :
- Be printed on the bank's letterhead
- Include all the necessary information like name, address, telephone number and email address
- Contain a list of your outstanding debts
- Include account number,date each account was opened,current balance, average balance for the past 6 months (This is for both current and investment account)
In conclusion , these requirements are depended on a grid of 100 points for which you are assessed on each and every factor. The current passing points are 67.
WHAT SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT STEPS?
VS4U assists you with each and everything right from the beginning till that time you land in Canada we are there for you at each and every step. Moreover, our relationship doesn't end here we provide you post landing services as well and remains in touch with you forever. In case you get in any sort of trouble we would always be there for you to resolve it.
Contact us at +91-9551251295 or drop us a mail at email@example.com your queries.