NOVA SCOTIA PNP POINTS SYSTEM
Located on the east coast of Canada, Nova Scotia is one of the most prominent provinces in Canada among immigrants. It has an advanced stream i.e., Nova Scotia Demand Express Entry which allows it to nominate skilled immigrants from the pool of express entry to apply for permanent residency.
Following are the streams under this program:
- Nova Scotia Demand - Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Experience - Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Skilled Worker
- Nova Scotia Physicians
- Nova Scotia Entrepreneur
- Nova Scotia International Graduate Entrepreneur
- Nova Scotia Labor Market priorities
- Nova Scotia Occupations in demand –Click here to see occupation in demand in Nova Scotia
Note: There is one more stream i.e., Atlantic Immigration Program(AIP)
Nova scotia participates in AIP i.e., Atlantic Immigration Program. This program is a pathway to permanent residency under which skilled foreign workers and international graduates are allowed to work in any one province among the Canada’s 4 Atlantic provinces which are:
Nova Scotia PNP Calculator
In order to be eligible for Nova Scotia PNP , the candidates are required to score minimum 67 points out of 100. Following are the factors on the basis of which these points are calculated:
Maximum Points Awarded
Arranged Employment in Canada
Master's level or professional degree
Two or more post-secondary credentials, one of which is a three-year or longer post-secondary credential
Three-year or longer post-secondary credential
Two-year post-secondary credential
One-year post-secondary credential
- Language Skills
First Official Language (IELTS)
Points Awarded (per ability)
Spouse/partner's official language (CLB4)
Second Official Language
Points Awarded (per ability)
- Work Experience
Experience (In Years)
1 (Minimum Threshold)
6 or more
Age (In Years)
47 or older
- Arranged Employment
Is currently working in Canada on an LMIA-based work permit and his or her work in Canada is considered skilled (NOC type 0, A or B)
The work permit is valid when a permanent residency application is made* and The employer has made a permanent, full-time skilled job offer to the applicant.
(*At the time the permanent resident visa is issued, the applicant is expected to hold a validated work permit)
Is currently working in Canada on an LMIA-exempt work permit or a work permit issued under a provincial/territorial agreement
The work permit is valid when a permanent residence application is made* and The employer has made a permanent, full-time skilled job offer to the applicant.
(*At the time the permanent resident visa is issued, the applicant is expected to still hold a valid work permit.)
Does not hold a valid work permit and is not authorized to work in Canada
A prospective employer has made a permanent, full-time skilled job offer to the applicant; and The offer of employment has received a positive LMIA
Holds a valid work permit or is otherwise authorized to work in Canada, but does not fall under one of the two above scenarios
The work permit or authorization is valid when a permanent residence application is made; A prospective employer has made a permanent, full-time skilled job offer to the applicant; and The offer of employment has received a positive LMIA
PA previous work in Canada (minimum 1 year NOC 0, A, B)
A previous study in Canada
A previous study in Canada accompanying spouse/partner
Previous work in Canada accompanying spouse/partner
Arranged employment in Canada
Relative in Canada 18 years or older
Language ability CLB 4 or above accompanying spouse/partner
What is the processing fee for Nova Scotia PNP?
There is no application fees as such for the Nova Scotia PNP. However, the application for Canada PR costs CAD 550.
How much time does it take to process the application for Nova Scotia PNP?
The usual time period of Nova Scotia PNP is 6 months.
What are the documents required for Nova scotia PNP ?
Following are the documents needed for this program:
- Educational Credentials
- Work Experience Letter
- Offer Letters
- IELTS scorecard
- Medical test certificate
- Police clearance certificate
- Passport copy and travel documents
- Proof of funds
How VS4U can help you?
- Profile Evaluation: Our experts analyze your profile in-depth to see which program is best suitable for you. Accordingly, we customize our services as per the program and requirement for the same.
- Documents Review: A detailed and error-free documentation support is provided to the candidate which is maintained in specific formats.
- Dedicated Case Manager: A dedicated adviser is provided to help applicants throughout the process.
- Visa Filing: VS4U ensures that the visa applications meet all the quality necessities involved in the immigration process.
- Language Proficiency Tests: Complimentary on-line and offline offered to assist aspirants improve their Language Proficiency for necessary exams like IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Mock Interviews: Guidance is provided to aspirants attending visa interviews at the side of verified documents.
- Post-Landing Services: VS4U provides accommodation and job help post landing particularly in Canada as we have got our Head Branch in Canada that helps candidates to settle down within the new country.