OINP - ONTARIO IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM
Ontario is a province in east-central Canada that is best recognized as Canada's technology hub. It is home to the country's capital, Ottawa, as well as the country's largest metropolis and economic powerhouse, Toronto. The province's high earnings compensate for the comparatively high cost of living, making it an ideal choice for individuals looking for work.
Aside from increased career opportunities and earnings possibilities, Ontario also has a vibrant and diversified cultural background, magnificent national parks, and hiking trails to explore. Niagara Falls, one of the world's most famous natural wonders, is also located south of Toronto.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is the province's economic immigration system that evaluates and nominates potential immigrants with the necessary skills and experience. Foreign employees, international students, company owners, and entrepreneurs from outside of Canada can apply for permanent residence under this program. Visa Solutions 4U can help you migrate to Ontario, Canada with Canada Permanent Residency (PR) and can guide you with accurate process as it is one of the best Canada immigration consultants in Delhi, India.
ABOUT ONTARIO IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (OINP)
Ontario Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) also known as OINP (Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program) is a pathway that allows the province to hire foreign nationals for which the selection is made to according to the labor and market demand. The province operates various streams under the following categories:
- Ontario Human Capital
- Ontario Job Offer
- Ontario Business
In each of the above-mentioned categories there are various streams out of which some are base and others are enhanced streams. The streams which are aligned with Express Entry are known as enhanced streams.
Let’s discuss each of the above-mentioned categories in depth to understand the program better:
1) ONTARIO HUMAN CAPITAL
This program includes a variety of immigration streams which highlights skills and experience required by an international candidate to join the same. The OINP candidates of this stream,who hold either an educational experience or any other work experience in Ontario along with proficiency in both English and French will stand differently among others and they will be given priority over others. Moreover, Candidates with Express Entry profiles can also give a tough competition to others. Below mentioned are the streams under this program:
- Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) - The candidate must have an express entry profile along with a bachelors, masters or PHD degree. In addition, minimum one year of full-time paid experience as well as minimum CLB 7 or more in either French or English is also a mandatory criterion.
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry) - The requirement for this stream is also similar that to Human Capital Priorities stream. The only difference is that it requires CLB 7 or more in French language only as this stream is French oriented in OINP.
- Skilled Trades (Express Entry) - For this stream the candidates must have a valid Express Entry profile and they must be residing in Ontario currently with a valid work permit. Also, they must have a minimum one year of full-time paid work experience. In addition, the candidate must also hold a valid certificate or license if applicable. Moreover, they must be either proficient in English or French with a minimum score of CLB 5.
- Masters Graduate - The candidates must have completed their Masters from an eligible University in Ontario and have lived at least for one year legally in Ontario in the previous two years. The language requirement under this stream is CLB 7 or more in either French or English. However, there is no such requirement that the candidate must have an Express Entry profile.
- PhD Graduate - For this stream the candidates are not required to have an Express Entry profile. However, they are required to have a valid PHD Degree from an eligible University in Ontario and they must have lived in Ontario for at least one year in the previous two years.
Note: The Master and the PhD Graduate Stream use Ontario's Expression of Interest (EOI) system. Furthermore, there is no requirement of a Job offer in the above-mentioned streams.
Application Fee: The application fee for this category is 1500 CAD.
Processing Time: The usual processing time is about 30-60 days.
2) ONTARIO EMPLOYER JOB OFFER
This category of Ontario PNP, is for those people who have a valid job offer from an employer in Ontario. For the same the employer, candidate and the job has to meet certain criteria which depends on stream to stream. Below mentioned are the streams under this category:
Application Fee and Processing Time
- Foreign Worker - The candidates must have a valid job offer along with 2 years of experience if occupation does not require any license. Also, the pay must be higher than the average median level in Ontario.
- International graduates with job offer - The candidates must have a two-year degree or diploma from a Canadian institution and the pay must be higher than the low wage level for that particular occupation in Ontario.
- In-demand skills - For this as well a valid job offer in the demanding occupation is mandatory along with an experience of minimum 9 months. In addition, the candidates must have a high school diploma and minimum score of CLB 4 in either English or French. Also, the pay must be higher than the average median level in Ontario.
- Foreign Worker - 1500 CAD if the job offer is outside the greater Toronto Area with processing time of 60-90 days.
- In-demand skills stream - 2000 CAD if the job offer is within the greater Toronto Area with processing time of 60-90 days.
- International Student Stream - 1500 CAD with processing time of 90-120 days.
3) ONTARIO BUSINESS
This category is designed in such a way that targets wealthy entrepreneurs and businesses that who are interested in investing in business development in Ontario. If these projects turn out to be successful then the applicants who were involved in the project will receive nomination for permanent residency. Earlier there used to be three streams under this category including Corporate and Investor which are closed now, so there is only one stream under this category that is:
- Entrepreneur - OINP eligibility for this category’s candidate is that :
- Must have a minimum business experience of 2 years in the last 5 years.
- Must have a net worth of CAD $800,000 if the business will be placed in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) for which he must make an investment of CAD $600,000. In case his business will be placed outside the GTA then he must have net worth of CAD $400,000 for which he has to make a minimum investment of CAD $200,000.
- Must regulate minimum one-third of the equity in the business.
- Must be engaged in the managing the business.
- The main aim of investing must be to make gains.
- Must generate at least two permanent full-time job opportunities for citizens of Canada or Permanent Residents (PR), if the business will be in GTA. In case the business is outside GTA then one permanent full-time job. Moreover, If the business is in the information and communications or digital communications sector then only one full-time job is required irrespective of location.
- Must meet other necessities if you are acquiring an existing business.
How can you apply?
Well, the process is different for each of the above-mentioned streams. To know more about OINP and application process, contact Visa Solutions 4U, best Canada PR Consultant in Delhi, the team who will guide you at each and every step starting from your profile evaluation till the time you land at your dream destination, VS4U will be there for you as we believe in providing end-to-end services.
VS4U specializes in Permanent Residency Visas, Work Visas, Study Visas, Temporary Visas, and Dependent Visas in Canada, the United Kingdom, the USA, Australia, and many more countries. We are among the best immigration consultant in Delhi and overseas education consultants in Delhi NCR, India so you may entrust your visa applications to us. Book your free session with us and get your profile evaluated by our experts who will assist you in the next steps to take your application forward.