Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP)
Being the most populated and central province in Canada, Ontario has various opportunities which attract thousands of immigrants every year. It is the home to the largest city in Canada i.e., Toronto along with the capital Ottawa. Through this program potential candidates who have relevant skills and experience can receive the invitation to apply for permanent residency by IRCC.
ABOUT ONTARIO IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (OINP)
Ontario PNP program is also known as Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is a pathway that allows the province to hire foreign nationals for which the selection is made according to the labor and market demand. The province operates various streams under the following categories:
- Ontario Human Capital
- Ontario Job Offer
- Ontario Business
In each of the above-mentioned categories, there are various streams out of which some are base and others are enhanced streams. The streams which are aligned with Express Entry are known as enhanced streams.
Let’s discuss each of the above-mentioned categories in-depth to understand the program better:
1) ONTARIO HUMAN CAPITAL
This program includes a variety of immigration streams that highlights the skills and experience required by an international candidate to join the same. The candidates who hold either an educational experience or any other work experience in Ontario along with proficiency in both English and French will stand differently among others and they will be given priority over others. Moreover, Candidates with Express Entry profiles can also give tough competition to others. Below mentioned are the streams under this program:
- Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) - The candidate must have an express entry profile along with a bachelor's, master's, or Ph.D. degree. In addition, a minimum of one year of full-time paid experience, as well as a minimum CLB of 7 or more in either French or English is also a mandatory criterion.
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry) - The requirement for this stream is also similar to Human Capital Priorities stream. The only difference is that it requires CLB 7 or more in the French language only as this stream is French-oriented.
- Skilled Trades (Express Entry) - For this stream, the candidates must have a valid Express Entry profile and they must be residing in Ontario currently with a valid work permit. Also, they must have a minimum of one year of full-time paid work experience. In addition, the candidate must also hold a valid certificate or license if applicable. Moreover, they must be either proficient in English or French with a minimum score of CLB 5.
- Masters Graduate - The candidates must have completed their Master's from an eligible University in Ontario and have lived at least for one year legally in Ontario in the previous two years. The language requirement under this stream is CLB 7 or more in either French or English. However, there is no such requirement that the candidate must have an Express Entry profile.
- Ph.D. Graduate - For this stream, the candidates are not required to have an Express Entry profile. However, they are required to have a valid Ph.D. Degree from an eligible University in Ontario and they must have lived in Ontario for at least one year in the previous two years.
Note: The Master and the Ph.D. Graduate Stream uses Ontario's Expression of Interest (EOI) system. Furthermore, there is no requirement for a Job offer in the above-mentioned streams.
APPLICATION FEE: The application fee for this category is 1500 CAD.
PROCESSING TIME: The usual processing time is about 30-60 days.
2) ONTARIO EMPLOYER JOB OFFER
This category is for those people who have a valid job offer from an employer in Ontario. For the same, the employer, candidate, and the job have to meet certain criteria which depend from stream to stream. Below mentioned are the streams under this category:
- Foreign Worker - The candidates must have a valid job offer along with 2 years of experience if the occupation does not require any license. Also, the pay must be higher than the average median level in Ontario.
- International graduates with a job offer - The candidates must have a two-year degree or diploma from a Canadian institution and the pay must be higher than the low wage level for that particular occupation in Ontario.
- In-demand skills - For this as well a valid job offer in the demanding occupation is mandatory along with an experience of a minimum of 9 months. In addition, the candidates must have a high school diploma and a minimum score of CLB 4 in either English or French. Also, the pay must be higher than the average median level in Ontario.
APPLICATION FEE AND PROCESSING TIME
- Foreign Worker - 1500 CAD if the job offer is outside the Greater Toronto Area with a processing time of 60-90 days.
- In-demand skills stream - 2000 CAD if the job offer is within the Greater Toronto Area with a processing time of 60-90 days.
- International Student Stream - 1500 CAD with a processing time of 90-120 days.
3) ONTARIO BUSINESS
This category is designed in such a way that targets wealthy entrepreneurs and businesses that are interested in investing in business development in Ontario. If these projects turn out to be successful then the applicants who were involved in the project will receive a nomination for permanent residency. Earlier there used to be three streams under this category including Corporate and Investor which are closed now, so there is only one stream under this category that is:
- Entrepreneur - For this category the candidate:
- Must have a minimum business experience of 2 years in the last 5 years.
- Must have a net worth of CAD 800,000 if the business will be placed in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) for which he must make an investment of CAD 600,000. In case his business will be placed outside the GTA then he must have a net worth of CAD 400,000 for which he has to make a minimum investment of CAD 200,000.
- Must regulate a minimum of one-third of the equity in the business.
- Must be engaged in managing the business.
- The main aim of investing must be to make gains.
- Must generate at least two permanent full-time job opportunities for citizens of Canada or permanent residents, if the business will be in GTA. In case the business is outside GTA then one permanent full-time job. Moreover, If the business is in the information and communications or digital communications sector then only one full-time job is required irrespective of location.
- Must meet other necessities if you are acquiring an existing business.
How can you apply?
Well, the process is different for each of the above-mentioned streams. To know more about OINP and the application process, contact VS4U experts who will guide you at each and every step starting from your profile evaluation till the time you land at your dream destination, VS4U will be there for you as we believe in providing end-to-end services.