ONTARIO OCCUPATION IN DEMAND
Ontario PNP program is also known as Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is a pathway that allows the province to hire foreign nationals for which the selection is made according to the labor and market demand. The province operates various streams under the following categories:
Ontario Human Capital
This program includes a variety of immigration streams that highlights the skills and experience required by an international candidate to join the same. The candidates who hold either an educational experience or any other work experience in Ontario along with proficiency in both English and French will stand differently among others and they will be given priority over others. Moreover, Candidates with Express Entry profiles can also give tough competition to others. Below mentioned are the streams under this program:
- Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry)
- Skilled Trades (Express Entry)
- Masters Graduate
- Ph.D. Graduate
APPLICATION FEE: The application fee for this category is 1500 CAD.
PROCESSING TIME: The usual processing time is about 30-60 days.
This category is designed in such a way that targets wealthy entrepreneurs and businesses that are interested in investing in business development in Ontario. If these projects turn out to be successful then the applicants who were involved in the project will receive a nomination for Permanent Residency.
Earlier there used to be three streams under this category including Corporate and Investor which are closed now, so there is only one stream under this category that is:
Ontario Job Offer
This category is for those people who have a valid job offer from an employer in Ontario. For the same, the employer, candidate, and the job have to meet certain criteria which depend from stream to stream. Below mentioned are the streams under this category:
- Foreign Worker
- International graduates with a job offer
- In-demand skills: Let’s discuss this stream in-depth:
- Employer Job Offer
In-Demand Skills permits the foreign workers with a valid job offer in an in-demand occupation, to live in the province as a permanent resident. The candidate can apply for this stream from in and outside of Canada. On successful nomination, the candidate needs to submit the application for Canada PR Visa to the IRCC.
Requirements: In order to apply for this stream, following requirements must be met by the candidate:
- Work Experience: To be eligible , the applicant must have minimum 9 months of full time work experience or equivalent in part-time in the similar in-demand occupation as the employement within the three years of submission of the application.
- Valid license/authorization (if relevant): If a valid license or authorization is required in an in-demand occupation then the candidate must have the same.
- Language: The candidate also needs to score a minimum CLB 4 in the language proficiency test in order to be eligible for this stream.
- Education: The candidate must have a Canadian high school diploma or ECA i.e., Educational Credential Assessment report which is required to check whether the candidate’s education is as per canadian standards or not.
- Intention to Live in the Province: The candidate have to show the intention that he/she wants to live in the province.
- Employer Requirements
In order to qualify under this stream, the candidate’s employer must:
- Have been in the business for at least three years before the submission of the application.
- Have business location in Ontario itself where the candidate would be working.
- Have no awaiting orders made against them.
- Display that adequate effort has been made to employ a Canadian citizen or permanent resident prior offering the position to the candidate. It must be noted that this only applies in the case when the candidate is currently living outside of Canada or working outside Ontario.
- APPLICATION FEE AND PROCESSING TIME
2000 CAD if the job offer is within the Greater Toronto Area with a processing time of 60-90 days.
- Employer Job Offer
Ontario PNP: Occupation In-Demand List
Here is the list of Occupation In-demand in Ontario along with their NOC code:
Nurse aides, orderlies, and patient service associates
Home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers
Residential and commercial installers and servicers
Transport truck drivers
Heavy equipment operators (except crane)
Construction trades helpers and laborers
Nursery and greenhouse workers
Industrial butchers, meat cutters, poultry preparers, related workers
Above mentioned occupations are in high demand in Ontario labor market. If the candidates fall under the same then the chances of getting the permanent residency under the Ontario Immigration nominee program is high.
Want to check your eligibility?
Contact us at +91-9551251295 or drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to get advice from our experts who will guide you on each and every aspect and will make sure that you land at your dream destination.