Prince Edward Island Provincial Nomination Program (PEI PNP)
Though, Prince Edward Island is a less populated area due to its small size, however, it is still popular among immigrants due to its coastal culture and a booming tourism among business enterprises.
The PEI PNP is a program which is a collection of various immigration pathways. Business acumen, skilled workers and young graduates are targeted under these pathways. Following are the streams through which the province operates:
- PEI Express Entry
- PEI Labour Impact
- PEI Business Impact
Let’s discuss each stream in detail:
PEI Express Entry
The PEI PNP Express Entry Stream is a boosted PNP as it is linked with Express Entry system. The Express Entry handles the applications for three immigration economic class categories. Following are the same:
Express Entry candidates get additional 600 points in their CRS score and are guaranteed an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR in a subsequent Express Entry draw. This is particularly for those who receive a provincial nomination.Express Entry candidates need to create an EOI profile i.e. Expression of Interest with the PEI PNP in order to be eligible for the same.Such profiles are given points based on the province’s unique points grid system. Candidates who score the highest points are then invited to apply for Permanent Residency.
- Canadian Experience Class: There is no minimum requirement for education under this class. However, the candidate must possess one year full time skilled work experience in the past three years in a NOC Skill level A,B or 0. In addition to that, the candidate needs to provide a proof of language test either in English or French under which he needs to score a minimum CLB 7 for NOC skill level A or 0 and CLB 5 for NOC skill level B work experience.
- Federal Skilled Workers Program: To be eligible under this stream the candidate needs to have a diploma at high school level. Also, he/she needs to possess a minimum of one year full time skilled work experience which must have been obtained in a NOC skill level 0,A or B. The candidate also require to provide the proof of proficiency in either English or French, for which he/she must get a minimum CLB 7.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program: There is no minimum requirement for education under this stream however , the candidate must have been employed in a full time skilled profession for minimum 2 years in a skilled trade occupation. Also, the candidate must hold a job offer in Canada or he/she must have a qualification certificate in their skilled trade. Additionally, the candidate must show the proof of language proficiency either in English or French. For the same, the candidate is required to score a minimum CLB 5 for listening and Speaking and CLB 4 for Writing and Reading.
PEI Labor Impact Category
This category is specifically designed for foreign workers and recent graduates. Under this program, an opportunity is given to the candidates who have a valid job offer from an employer in PEI, to access to the permanent residency via the accelerated pathway. Following are the streams under this category:
- Skilled Worker: The candidate must be between the age of Age 21 and 59. Additionally, the candidate also needs to have a long term and full time employment offer from a PEI employer and he/she must hold a valid work permit. Further, the candidate must also have a diploma or a two year post secondary degree alongside having a work experience of 2 years. Lastly, the candidate also needs to show proof of fund that he/she can manage to settle down in the province.
- Critical Worker: In order to be eligible for this stream the candidate must be in the age group of 21 to 59 years. He/She must also have a valid work visa and must have work experience in a full-time employment in PEI for minimum six months. In addition, the candidate must have been grduated at the High School level and he/she also have to provide proof of sufficient funds.
Moreover, the candidate must also hold a valid job offer in a long-term full-time employment from an employer in PEI at NOC Level C or D. Last but not the least, the candidate must show proof of language proficiency in either French or English for which the candidate is required to score overall 4.0 bands with the following threshold individual scores:
- Speaking - 4
- Writing - 4
- Reading - 3.5
- Listening - 4.5
- International Graduates: Under this stream the candidate must be between the age of 21-59 and have:
- Full-time employement offer from a PEI employer
- Worked for a minimum of six months for a PEI employer in a work that is relevant to the field of study received in the province.
- Legal status and PGWP in Canada
- To interview in the Prince Edward Island
- Finished a diploma or post-secondary degree from an institute in PEI province
- Proficiency in French or English
- Sufficient funds to settle in PEI
PEI Business Impact
Individuals wants to manage a business or invest in a business in Prince Edward Island , may be benefited through this program.This program is further sub-divided into three categories.Following are the same:
- Work Permit
- 100% Ownership (Closed)
- Partial Ownership (Closed)
In order to be eligible for this stream , the candidate is required to:
- Get a work visa in PEI.
- Offer a complete Plan of Business
- Manage the business actively by staying in PEI
- Sign the Agreement for Performance that comprise of conditions for investment in the business
- Make an investment in the business of minimum $ 150,000
Following are some additional requirements:
- The candidate must be in the age group of 21 to 59 years and must possess education of minimum high school level
- He/She also must also have a net worth of minimum $600,000.
- Lastly, the candidate also needs to gain a minimum level of 4.0 Bands in the language proficiency test.
Documents are Required for PEI PNP
- Birth certificate of the candidate
- Marriage certificate(if any)
- Divorce agreement(if any)
- Divorce certificate(if any)
- Former spouse’s death certificate(if any)
- Proof of Relation in PEI (if any)
- Children’s birth certificate along with educational credentials (In case of children)
- Legal status documents from native country
- Copy of passport page for all applicants
- Copy of a language test result that must not be more than 2 years old
- Copy of language results for second official language(if any)
- Copy of language results for a common-law partner or spouse(if applicable)
- If the candidate has gained a degree, diploma, or certificate from a Canadian institution then that would also be required
- If studied abroad, an ECA report
- A complete resume of the main applicant and common-law partner or spouse(if any)
- Proof of work experience
- Employment contract with a PEI employer
- Complete working history
- Labour Market Impact Assessment(if any)
How to Apply?
In order to apply for the same, the candidate needs to make sure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria for the stream he wants to go with. An EOI i.e, Expression of Interest profile must be submitted by the candidate along with the passport details and identification information. If the candidate gets selected then he/she will get the Invitation to Apply. On receiving the same, the candidate will have 60 days to fill up the online application form alongside he/she also needs to submit the supporting documents. Afterwards, the candidate can apply for permanent residency on receiving the provincial nomination certificate.
1) What is the PNP processing time for Prince Edward Island?
The PNP processing time for Prince Edward Island is 6 months or less.
2) What is the cost of PEI PNP ?
PEI PNP’s application fee is CAD 300 and there is no fee for Expression of Interest.
3) How do I increase my chances of being accepted through the Prince Edward Island provincial nominee program?
If you are already working in the province , have a valid work permit , have relations in the province , have completed education at a PEI institution and have minimum one year of experience in the province then
- You have family members living in the province
- If you have completed your education at a PEI institution
- If you have one year of work experience in PEI
Planning to Relocate?
CONTACT US TODAY AT +91-9551251295 OR DROP A MAIL AT firstname.lastname@example.org AND TAKE A STEP FORWARD TO ACCOMPLISH YOUR DREAM.