QUEBEC OCCUPATION IN DEMAND
Quebec, being the francophone province in Canada is known for its multicultural and vibrant atmosphere. The federal government has granted more freedom to Quebec to operate its own immigration programs enabling the province to invite eligible candidates to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency, which is why it is different from other provinces and does not participate in the Express Entry Program.
The candidates who are interested to relocate to Quebec can directly apply to the Governing body. In order to the same, the candidates are initially required to submit an EOI i.e., Expression of Interest to the Quebec Ministry of Immigration. Additionally, the official language of Quebec is French, therefore in many of its immigration programs, it requires the candidate to be proficient in French. However, it is not mandatory for all pathways as there are non-French speakers who also wish to migrate to Canada.
Following are the programs through which the interested candidates can apply for Quebec Immigration:
- Quebec Skilled Worker Program
- Quebec Experience Program – PEQ
- Quebec Entrepreneur Program
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSW-Arrima)
It is a pathway which allows skilled workers to apply for permanent residency. For the same, the candidates are required to demonstrate a minimum amount of skilled work experience along with meeting the criteria of a minimum score as required by the points assessment grid system. Although French is not mandatory for this program, however, proficiency in French may increase the chances. Those who are eligible for this program can submit an EOI i.e., Expression of Interest to the online Arrima portal in order to be considered for the same.
Quebec Immigration points calculator 2022
In order to be qualified under QSWP as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, an individual must score minimum 50 points in the Quebec points calculator. In case the immigrant is moving with their spouse or common-law partner then he/she need to score at least 59 points.
Following are the factors through which these points are awarded:
Training = Education (14 points) + Areas of Training (12 points)
Characteristics of Spouse or Common-law partner
Accompanying family members
Quebec Occupation in-Demand List 2022
Quebec Immigration High Demand Occupation List is regularly updated as it shows the occupations that are facing the shortage of skilled workers in the labor market. The following list shows the occupations are that are in high demand in Quebec:
Human Resource Managers
Banking, Credit and other Investment managers
Computer and Information System Managers
Administrator Post-secondary Education and Vocational Training
Sales, Marketing, and Advertising Managers
Financial Auditors and Accountants
Financial and Investment Analysts
Securities agents, investment dealers, and brokers
Other financial officers
Human Resources professionals
Professional Occupations in Business Management Consulting
Human Resources and Recruitment officers
Assessors, Valuators, and Appraisers
Physicists and Astronomers
Geo scientists and Oceanographers
Biologists and Related Scientists
Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers
Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
Other Professional Engineers, n.e.c
Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
Database Analysts and Data Administrators
Software Engineers and Designers
Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
Web Designers and Developers
Chemical technologists and technicians
Biological Technologists and Technicians
Agricultural and Fish Products Inspectors
Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians
Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians
Architectural Technologists and Technicians
Drafting Technologists and Technicians
Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupational Health & Safety
Computer Network Technicians
User Support Technicians
Systems Testing Technicians
Head Nurses and Supervisors
Medical Radiation Technologists
Licensed Practical Nurses
Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
College and Other Vocational Instructors
Business Development Officers and Marketing Researchers and Consultants
Social Policy Researchers, Consultants, and Program Officers
Other Professional Occupations in Social Science, n.e.c.
Community and Social Service Workers
Translators, Terminologists, and Interpreters
Library and Public Archive Technicians
Graphic Arts Technicians
Graphic Designers and Illustrators
Technical Sales Specialists Wholesale Trade
Sales Representatives Wholesale Trade (Non-Technical)
Machinists and Machining and Tooling Inspectors
Tool and Die Makers
Heavy-duty Equipment Mechanics
Aircraft Mechanics and Aircraft Inspectors
Supervisors, food, beverage, and associated products processing
Supervisors, Plastics and Rubber Products Manufacturing
Supervisors, Motor Vehicle Assembling
Supervisors, Electronics Manufacturing
Supervisors, Electrical Products Manufacturing
Supervisors, other Mechanical and Metal Products Manufacturing
Supervisors, Other Products Manufacturing and Assembly
Chemical Plant Machine Operators
Machining Tool Operators
How to apply for Quebec Immigration?
The eligibility criteria and procedure for each immigration program of Quebec is different. One of the most prominent pathway among immigrants in Quebec is the QSWP which has two steps:
Step 1 - Get the CSQ - Quebec Selection Certificate
Initially, the candidates are required to submit an EOI i.e., Expression of Interest to the online portal of ARRIMA. Candidates who are vastly eligible will be offered an ITA by MIDI for permanent selection. The candidates must apply for the same via Mon Projet Quebec Portal within 60 days of receipt of the Invitation to apply. If the application would be approved, then the CSQ - Quebec Selection Certificate is offered to the selected candidates.
Step 2: Application for Permanent Residency
On successfully receiving the CSQ, the candidates can apply for Canadian Permanent Residency with the IRCC. Upon the verification, IRCC may approve the Canada PR Visa.
Processing time for Quebec immigration
- Permanent Workers: It is divided into two time periods:
- CSQ processing time by Quebec immigration authorities
- QSWP (Arrima) – It usually takes six months to process the application.
- PEQ Quebec Graduate – It takes about 20 working days to process the application, if they do not require an audit interview.
- PEQ Temporary Foreign Workers – It takes about 20 working days to process the application, if they do not require an audit interview.
- Federal Processing time by IRCC
- Usually, the applications are processed in 15-17 months by the IRCC.
- CSQ processing time by Quebec immigration authorities
- Business People: It is also divided into time periods:
- CSQ processing time by immigration authorities – The time period for Business people category is not yet disclosed.
- Federal processing time by IRCC – It usually takes 46 months to process the application by the IRCC.
What is the ARRIMA Portal?
This portal is specifically designed for those people who wish to immigrate to Quebec via the QSWP. The portal is accessible all the year and the EOI can be submitted free of cost by the candidates at any time.
What is Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ)?
In order to authorize temporary stay in Quebec, the candidates are required to have a Quebec Acceptance Certificate i.e., CAQ. This consist most of the study programs for international students. It must be noted that a CAQ is different from CSQ i.e., Quebec Selection Certificate, which provides the authority of permanent stay in the province.
What is Mon Projet Quebec Portal?
The Candidates who receive the ITA i.e., Invitation to apply for CSQ will be led to a protected space in the Quebec portal Mon Projet. Such candidates will be required to submit their application along with making the payment of the required fees within the period of 3 months. Also, the candidates can track the status of their application via this portal.
How many points are required for Quebec Immigration?
For individual candidates, 43 points are the employability threshold. Some additional points are given for financial independence and the presence of children. The selection threshold score required for qualifying under QSWP is 50 points.
Candidates who are married can have their spouse get into consideration of on the basis of education, age, and proficiency in French. For employability the cut-off score is 52 points and for QSWP the cut-off score is 59 points.
How VS4U can help you?
- Profile Evaluation: Our experts analyze your profile in-depth to see which program is best suitable for you. Accordingly, we customize our services as per the program and requirement for the same.
- Documents and Review: A detailed and error-free documentation support is provided to the candidate which is maintained in specific formats.
- Dedicated Case Manager: A dedicated adviser is provided to help applicants throughout the process.
- Visa Filing: Visa Solutions 4 U ensures that the visa applications meet all the quality necessities involved in the immigration process.
- Language Proficiency Tests: Complimentary online and offline offers to assist aspirants to improve their Language Proficiency for necessary exams like IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Mock Interviews: Guidance is provided to aspirants attending visa interviews at the side of verified documents.
- Post-Landing Services: VS4U provides accommodation and job help post landing particularly in Canada as we have got our Head Branch in Canada that helps candidates to settle down within the new country.
Planning to Relocate?
CONTACT US TODAY AT +91-9551251295 OR EMAIL US AT email@example.com AND TAKE A STEP FORWARD TO ACCOMPLISH YOUR DREAMS.