Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
Due to the high demand for foreign skilled and semi-skilled workers in Yukon, the Yukon Nominee Program is becoming popular among immigrants. This program allows skilled and semi-skilled aspirants to receive the provincial nomination certificate. It is a collection of various immigration pathways which enables foreign nationals to become permanent residents of Canada.
Following are immigration streams on which the territory of Yukon operates:
- Yukon Skilled Worker
- Yukon Express Entry
- Yukon Critical Impact Worker
- Yukon Business Nominee
- Yukon Community Pilot
Let’s discuss these streams :
Yukon Skilled Worker
Foreign nationals who holds a valid job offer from an employer in Yukon along with work experience may get the opportunity to receive provincial nomination. On receiving the same, the candidate can apply directly for Canadian Permanent residency from IRCC.
Yukon Express Entry
Candidates who have an active Express Entry profile along with a valid job offer from an employer in Yukon may be eligible for receiving the provincial nomination from Yukon. As this program is aligned with federal Express Entry system, it enables successful candidates to receive accelerated processing on their applications. Here are the requirements which the candidate should meet to be eligible for the Federal Canadian Experience Class (CEC). The candidate:
1) Must be accepted into the Express Entry pool
2) Must have an active Express Entry profile and job seeker validation code
3) Must have a full time permanent employment offer from an employer in Yukon
4) Must show true intent to reside in territory of Yukon
Yukon Critical Impact Worker
Qualified workers who holds valid job offer from along with semi-skilled work experience may be eligible for receiving the provincial nomination under this stream and can apply for Canadian permanent residency from IRCC.
Yukon Business Nominee
Individuals who holds an experience in business and entrepreneurship field may be eligible under this stream. This stream requires the candidates to own and manage a business in Yukon. For the same, the candidates are required to have a minimum personal net worth of $500,000 CAD along with meeting the other requirements.
Yukon Community Pilot
This stream is recently introduced by the territory of Yukon under which it addresses the specific economic and labor market demands. Those candidates, who will be qualified under this stream, will be granted a two year location restricted open work permit.
Eligibility Criteria for Yukon PNP
In order to be eligible for the Yukon PNP, the candidates:
- Must meet the minimum requirements for the FSWP.
- Should have sufficient funds to support themselves and their families whether the families are accompanying or not.
- Must have a valid, full-time, and permanent employment offer from an employer in Yukon.
- Should show the intent to live in Yukon.
- Must be accepted in the Express Entry pool of IRCC.
- Must have an express entry profile number and also a job seeker validation code.
How to apply for Yukon PNP?
Following are the steps of the four streams under which the candidates can apply for nomination along with NOC 0,A or B categories:
1) Express Entry: In order to receive valid work permit, the candidates must fulfill all the requirements as prescribed under the federal economic immigration program. Initially the candidate is required to submit an Express Entry profile. Afterwards, on getting the Nomination, the candidates have to fill out the application form and submit the same.
2) Skilled Worker Program: Initially, the candidate is required to submit an Express Entry Profile and get nomination. On receiving the invitation to, the candidate needs to apply for permanent residency.
3) Critical Impact Worker Program: Under this program, the candidates can apply under NOC C or D categories. To begin with, the candidates need to make an Express Entry profile. On getting the nomination, they can fill out the application of ITA and submit the same.
4) Business Nominee Program: This stream functions through the EOI system i.e. Expression of Interest. On successful submission of the proposal, the candidates will be acknowledged in the pool of applicants if their business proposal fulfills the criteria for the stream. Afterwards, the YNP selects candidates from this pool and provide them with invitation to file the application.It must be noted that the criteria for the selection of candidates are not disclosed yet.
5) Yukon Community Pilot: To apply for the Canada Work Permit via the Community Pilot stream, the candidates need to apply online and they must posses two or three qualified employment offer along with meeting other criteria. In addition, the application forms and process of this stream depends from where the candidate is applying.
1) What is the application fee of Yukon PNP?
Though there is no fee to apply for Yukon PNP nevertheless the candidates are required to pay a fee of $1,325 to apply for Federal Skilled Worker Program.
2)What is the Processing Time of the Yukon PNP?
It usually takes 12-14 weeks to process the applications for the skilled worker immigration and critical worker immigration program which might be extended due to the huge load of applications.
3) What is the minimum CRS score for Yukon PNP?
The minimum CRS needed for Yukon PNP is 743 as additional 600 points are awarded to the candidates on nomination automatically under the Express Entry System.
4) Can I apply for Yukon PNP without a job offer?
No, you cannot as job offer is required to apply for Yukon PNP.
5) Is IELTS mandatory for Yukon PNP?
Yes, IELTS is mandatory for Yukon PNP. To be eligible for Yukon PNP, a level 6 must be achieved. CELPIP and TEF can also be considered as for the language proficiency test.
6) Which YNP stream I should apply to?
Those who have an active profile in the Express Entry system are eligible for Yukon Express Entry System. Those who don’t have an Express Entry profile may be eligible for:
- Skilled Worker stream, if their occupation is under NOC Skill level 0 , A or B
- Critical Impact Worker stream, if their occupation is under NOC Skill level C or D.
Planning to Relocate?