Europe Study/Student Visa
European countries are a great option for those who are looking to study abroad. With plenty of nations to select from, European market has various opportunities and have well established educational systems as it consists of world’s leading universities. With its high standard of life and appealing atmosphere, European countries are also known for its multicultural environment, which makes them worth living.
In addition, studying in Europe is quite affordable as compared to UK and USA as there are various Colleges/Universities which offers scholarships and some of them offer complete waiver on tuition fees. Further, the countries are not only limited to study or work, rather there are many fests and cultural programs which can give one a lifetime experience.
What Visas are available for study in Europe?
There are many visa possibilities for those who are planning to study in Europe. Following are the same:
1) Europe Schengen Visa: International Students who wish to study in a Schengen country for a shorter duration can apply for a Schengen Visa. This is a temporary student visa which has a validity of three months. However, it can be extended on its expiry and a student can apply for residency permit if he/she is accepted into this visa program. Moreover, students may be granted this visa without an IELTS or other language exam if the authorities doesn’t need it.
2) Long Stay Visa: Those international students who wish to enroll in courses or programs that requires them to stay for a period longer than six months can apply for this visa. Also, a residency permit is also included with Long Stay Visa.
3) Student Visa in Europe: It is the most common visa among international students. On receiving an offer/admission letter, one can apply for this visa. According to admission letters, students are allowed to enter the country to follow a particular course or program at that university.
Top Universities in Europe
|World University Rank 2019||University Name||World University Rank 2019||University Name|
|1||University of Oxford||40||Karolinska Institute|
|2||University of Cambridge||41||Paris Sciences et Lettres – PSL Research University Paris|
|9||Imperial College London||44||Technical University of Munich|
|11||ETH Zurich||47||Heidelberg University|
|26||London School of Economics and Political Science||57||University of Manchester|
|29||University of Edinburgh||58||Delft University of Technology|
|32||LMU Munich||59||Wageningen University & Research|
|35||École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne||62||University of Amsterdam|
|38||King’s College London||67||Humboldt University of Berlin|
What intakes are available in Europe?
Usually, the intakes vary from country to country. Typically there are two intakes:
1) Fall Intake – This intake begins in late August and ends in late December/early January
2) Spring Intake – This intakes starts in January and ends in early May
What are the requirements for Europe Study Visa?
- Visa application form for chosen country
- Proof of meeting age requirement
- Valid passport and other travel documents
- Valid documentation from a European university
- Proof of adequate funds
What is the cost of studying in Europe?
The cost is dependent on course, country and College/University which one chooses to opt for. As mentioned above, there are many countries which provides free education. However, the ones who doesn’t offer much scholarships have affordable average tuition fee. The table mentioned below depicts the same:
|Study Program||Average Tuition Fees in EUR|
|Bachelor’s Degrees||4,500 EUR/year for EU/EEA-students|
8,600 EUR/year for students outside EU/EEA
|Master’s Degree||5,100 EUR/year for EU/EEA-students|
10,170 EUR/year for students outside EU/EEA
Here is a list of estimated tuition fees for Non-EU/EEA students who desires to study in different countries in Europe:
|Country||Tuition Costs for Studying in Europe (Annually)|
|France||2,800 (for bachelor’s)-3,800 EUR (for master’s)|
|Germany||Education in Germany is free of cost. All a student has to bear is the minimal administrative fees which is around 100-350 EUR depending on the program of study|
|Norway||Free education for EU/EEA and Non-EU/EEA students|
Note: The above-mentioned costs are only for indicative purposes.
Post Study Work Option
There are various employment opportunities offered by European countries for graduates. In order to stay and work in the country after their studies, international graduates need to apply for temporary residence or a work-permit just after their graduation.
How to get a Student Visa in Europe?
Initially, the candidates are required to get the letter of acceptance, as it is a mandatory for entering into any European country. For the same, the candidates are required to complete the application process and acquire a letter of acceptance from the university/college. For the same the candidates are required to collect all the following mandatory documents:
- Passport size photos
- Application form
- An identification card or proof
- Educational Credentials
- Police clearance certificate
- Proof of funds
- Medical certificate(If required)
- Receipt of the payment made to the College/University
- Letter of acceptance
Then the candidates need to connect with the consulate or embassy of the European country in which they are planning to go in. Afterwards, on the day of the interview, the embassy will ask the candidates for the documents that they have collected. Then the study visa in Europe gets issued within 2 to 5 weeks.
1) What is the processing time of obtaining a Schengen student visa?
It usually takes six to eight weeks to process the applications for a Schengen student visa. Therefore it is advisable to apply in advance in order to begin your studies in the new country on time.
2) Can I work while studying?
The part time work permission while studying in Europe depends on country to country. For instance, international students in France can work 964 hours, which is 60% of normal working hours so that one doesn’t affect their studies whereas there are some countries which doesn’t allow students to work part time while they are enrolled in a particular course which requires more attention. Therefore, one must read all the rules and regulations properly in order to avoid any kind of inconvenience as violating the set rules could studies and future employment prospects in danger.
3) Can Schengen student visa be extended?
A Schengen student visa can’t be extended for the reason of continuing studies. It can be extended only in very few cases, such as late entry, humanitarian reasons, important personal reasons, or unforeseeable situations. In case the candidate wishes to continue their studies further, then they have to return back to their home country and apply for a long-stay study visa.
4) What are the best courses to Study in Europe?
Following are some of the many best courses one can explore for Study in Europe:
1) Masters of Business Administration
4) Foreign Languages
5) Data Science
7) Culinary Arts
8) International Relations
11) Natural Sciences
5) What scholarships are available in Europe?
There are various types of scholarships available in different parts of Europe:
1) Germany: Being one of the most famous destinations in the world for its free education, Germany has a wide range of scholarships available.
Here are some of them:
a) The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship
b) DAAD Scholarships
a) Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for foreign scholars and Artists (Postgraduate Programmes)
b) ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships Program
a) University of Bologna Study Grants for International Students
b) Bocconi Scholarships in Italy for International Students
c) Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
a) Emile Boutmy Scholarships in France for International Students
b) Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
c) Foundation Rainbow Bridge MBA Scholarships for African and Asian Women at HEC Paris
How VS4U can help you?
- Profile Evaluation: Our experts analyze your profile in-depth to see which program is best suitable for you. Accordingly, we customize our services as per the program and requirement for the same.
- Documents & Review: A detailed and error-free documentation support is provided to the candidate which is maintained in specific formats.
- Dedicated Case Manager: A dedicated adviser is provided to help applicants throughout the process.
- Visa Filing: VS4U ensures that the visa applications meet all the quality necessities involved in the immigration process.
- Language Proficiency Tests: Complimentary on-line and offline offered to assist aspirants improve their Language Proficiency for necessary exams like IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Mock Interviews: Guidance is provided to aspirants attending visa interviews at the side of verified documents.
- Post Landing Services: We provide accommodation and job assistance to our clients as we have various links in European Countries through which newcomers can settle in easily.