Tourist / Visitor Visa
Traveling overseas does not have to be difficult if you have all things sorted out ahead of time. A tourist/tourist visa for any country is a type of nonimmigrant visa that allows an individual to stay for a set period of time in a particular country. As a temporary tourist in a country, one can generally participate in short-term business activity, visit family/friends, or travel as a tourist. In addition, an individual can also use a tourist visa to travel to another country for medical treatment.
What can an individual do on a Visit Visa?
Tourism, vacationing, visiting relatives, meeting up with friends, attending a business conference, negotiating a business contract, medical treatment, holding consultations with business associates, and participating in short-term training etc are all examples of activities permissible on a visit visa.
Working or studying is not permitted while on a temporary visiting visa. However one can opt for a short term course or training if that particular country allows of the same. If anyone enter as a tourist or tourist, then he/she must apply to change their status or switch to a different visa category before they can work or study in another country.
What are the different types of visiting visas available?
Depending on why an individual is visiting a country, there are many types of tourist visas available. Each country has its own set of eligibility requirements and application process. Tourist visas, visiting family/friends visas, business visas, and transit visas are all types of tourist visas. Furthermore, the various types of visas offered can differ in terms of the number of entries permitted. A single-entry, double-entry, or multiple-entry visit visa is available.
1. Tourist Visa / Visitor Visa: This sort of visa solely for the purpose of visiting and tourism. The rules and restrictions for this type of visa varies from country to country.
2. Business Visa: Individuals who plans to do business in some particular country will need this visa. It is beneficial for businesspeople who are travelling for meetings including negotiations, sales, and/or research.
3. Work Visa / Employment Visa: Any country issues this document to allow the tourist to operate legally in the country. The procedure for obtaining this visa varies from in different nations. It might take anywhere from 10 days to 3 months to process this type of Visa.
4. Transit Visa: Some governments that place a premium on political security demand it. When a person arrive in a country but wish to travel elsewhere quickly, then he/she'll need a transit visa. These visas are usually only valid for three days.
5. Single-Entry, Double-Entry or Multiple-Entry Visas: These visas fit into all of the categories listed above. The term "single-entry" refers to the fact that one can only enter the country once whereas multiple entry visa allows an individual to enter as many times as he/she likes throughout the validity period, while double-entry visas allow an individual to enter twice.
6. Sponsored Family Tourist Visa: This visa is for family members who live outside of the host nation. It is suggested to use this service if a person is visiting a citizen or permanent resident of the country he/she is visiting.
What is the eligibility criteria of a tourist visa?
The specific eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled will vary from country to country.
1) Australia Tourist Visa
Thousands of people visit to Australia every year to meet their friends and family and sometimes for just leaser and tourism. For such people, Australia Visit is a perfect choice, until someone wants to stay for a longer period of time and work in the country. Being one of the most beautiful countries in the world, Australia has a lot to offer to the tourists. The most prominent destination include Sydney Opera house, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Great Barrier Reef and many more. The country permits for multiple visas of the visit visas based on the goal of visiting. One can apply for visit visas under the Subclass 600/601/651/444/461/417/462.
Individuals from India can apply for Australia Visit Visa for tourism purposes under Subclass 600, which permits one to go to Australia for tourism or business related activities.
Click here to check the eligibility for Australia Visit Visa.
2) Canada Tourist Visa
Canada Visit Visa is an upfront visa application which gives the ability to an individual to visit Canada for a duration of up to 6 months. There are mainly two type of visas available in Canada i.e., Single entry visas and multiple entry visas. With a single entry visa, foreign nationals can only enter Canada once whereas a multiple entry visa allows its holder to come and go for as many number of times as they want while the visa holds a validity. However, one doesn’t need to apply for any particular type of visa, all the applicants are automatically considered for multiple entry visas and there are very exceptional situation where a single-entry visa will be awarded.
Click here to see whether you are eligible for Canada Visit Visa or not.
3) US Tourist Visa
A tourist visa in the United States is a form of non-immigrant visa. It makes it possible for people to enter the United States. It could be for business or for tourist. It might also be a mix of the two.
Click here to grasp more details about US Visit Visa and check your eligibility.
4) UK Tourist Visa
Travelers from all over the world want to visit the United Kingdom, whether for Buckingham Palace or the magnificent Georgian architecture. The Standard tourist Visa, often known as the UK Tourist Visa, is a short-term visa that allows an applicant to stay in the UK for up to six months. It is primarily issued to persons who visit the United Kingdom for tourism, to see family and friends, for professional reasons, or for medical treatment.
As per the UK government, the Standard tourist visa has replaced these visas:
a) Family tourist visa
b) General tourist visa
c) Child tourist visa
d) Business tourist visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
e) Sports tourist visa
f) Entertainer tourist visa
g) Prospective Entrepreneur visa
h) Private Medical Treatment tourist visa
i) Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
Click here to grasp more details about the eligibility of UK Visit Visa.
5) Schengen Visa
Non-European nationals can visit Schengen nations in Europe for up to 90 days within a six-month period with a Schengen visa. The Schengen tourist visa is your passport to Europe, whether you're visiting friends and relatives or on a vacation. This is a temporary visa for anyone who want to travel to the Schengen zone of European countries.
Click here to get in depth details about Schengen Visit Visa and check whether you are eligible for the same or not.
How much time does it take to process a tourist visa?
The processing period for tourist/tourist visas varies based on the country that is issuing the visa. It also depends on the nationality of the petitioner.
What documents are required for a Tourist/tourist Visa?
Following are the basic requirements for a Tourist Visa:
a) Medical requirements
b) Financial proofs
c) Certificate of character
d) Insurance requirements
e) Proof of accommodation
Other documents include:
a) Completed form of the visa application
b) Upload photographs digitally per requirements
c) Valid passport with a validity of 6 months from the date of departure from the home country along with bio page copy
d) Copy of your two-way tickets
e) Recent bank statements as proof of adequate funds
f) An invitation letter from the sponsor living overseas
g) Financial statement of the sponsor
h) Passport photocopy of the sponsor
i) Marriage certificate (If applicable)
j) Marriage and birth certificate of the parents, in case of minors
k) Accommodation confirmation
What is the standard procedure to get a tourist visa?
The majority of countries have a consistent method for obtaining a visiting visa. To obtain a tourist visa, the candidate must:
1. Fill and submit the electronic tourist visa application form.
2. Make the payment of visa application fees.
3. Make an appointment for the visa interview at the embassy.
4. Must be available at the embassy on the scheduled date and time for the visa interview.
How much does a tourist visa cost?
The fee for tourist visa depends on country to country. Following are fee generally required:
a) Australian Tourist Visa - AUD 145
b) Canada Tourist Visa - CAD 100
c) US Tourist Visa - USD 160
d) UK Standard Tourist Visa - £95
e) Schengen Tourist Visa - Depends on country to country which comes under the Schengen Zone.
What is the processing time for Tourist visas?
The time it takes to process a tourist visa application varies from country to country.
1) Australia - A 6-month tourist visa application to Australia typically takes 2 to 4 weeks to process from the time the application is submitted.
2) Canada - The ideal processing time for a Canada tourist visa application is no more than 15 days from the date of submission.
3) USA - The processing period for a USA tourist Visa might range from 3 to 5 weeks. The duration however is dependent by the kind of visa and the amount of work.
4) UK - When applying for a UK Standard tourist Visa, one should expect a decision within three weeks of your appointment at the visa application centre.
5) Schengen Countries - If a person wants to travel to Europe, he/she'll need to apply for a Schengen visa. The Schengen tourist visa is a short-term visa that allows travelers to visit European nations that are part of the Schengen zone. The processing time for the same depends on country to country which comes under the Schengen Area.
What is the maximum number of times a visit visa can be extended?
It is reliant on the country one is visiting. A tourist visa can usually only be renewed for a limited time and for unavoidable circumstances.
How to apply for a tourist visa for business purposes?
A business tourist visa, often known as a business visa, has varying eligibility requirements depending on the country. However, following is the list of some general documents:
a) A valid passport
b) Flight details and accommodation
c) Educational credentials
d) Business and professional documents
e) Proof of intent to return back to the home country
f) Proof of funds
g) Proof of insurance and medical examination
h) Requisite application form filled and signed
i) Proof of the payment of the fee for the visa application
What factors affect the processing time of visit visas?
Following are the factors on which the processing time for tourist visa depends:
a) The candidate must have submitted all required necessary documents along with the application
b) Candidate’s response time to requests for additional criteria
c) Time duration taken by the authorities to check and fulfill all the necessary requirements.
How VS4U can help you?
- Profile Evaluation: Our experts analyze your profile in-depth to see which program is best suitable for you. Accordingly, we customize our services as per the program and requirement for the same.
- Documents & Review: A detailed and error-free documentation support is provided to the candidate which is maintained in specific formats.
- Dedicated Case Manager: A dedicated adviser is provided to help applicants throughout the process.
- Visa Filing: VS4U ensures that the visa applications meet all the quality necessities involved in the immigration process.
- Language Proficiency Tests: Complimentary on-line and offline offered to assist aspirants improve their Language Proficiency for necessary exams like IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Mock Interviews: Guidance is provided to aspirants attending visa interviews at the side of verified documents.
- Post Landing Services: We provide accommodation and job assistance to our clients as we have various links in all the prominent countries through which newcomers can settle in easily.
Planning to Relocate?