Australia Visit / Tourist Visa
Thousands of people visit to Australia every year to meet their friends and family and sometimes for just leaser and tourism. For such people, Australia Visit is a perfect choice, until someone wants to stay for a longer period of time and work in the country. Being one of the most beautiful countries in the world, Australia has a lot to offer to the visitors. The most prominent destination include Sydney Opera house, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Great Barrier Reef and many more. The country permits for multiple visas of the visit visas based on the goal of visiting. One can apply for visit visas under the Subclass 600/601/651/444/461/417/462.
Individuals from India can apply for Australia Visit Visa for tourism purposes under Subclass 600, which permits one to go to Australia for tourism or business related activities.
Key points of Australia Visit Visa
1. One cannot work for any business or sell services/goods on a tourist visa in Australia.
2. However, one can study a course an informal course or do training for duration less than 3 months on an Australian Visit Visa.
3. Parents of Australian PR holders or citizens can apply for a visitor visa for longer duration.
What are the types of Visitor visas in Australia?
Following are various types of Visitor visas in Australia:
1. Subclass 600 - Visitor Visa
2. Subclass 601 - Electronic Travel Authority
3. Subclass 651 - eVisitor
4. Subclass 417 - Working Holiday Visa
5. Subclass 462 - Work and Holiday visa
6. Subclass 771 - Transit visa
What are the streams under the Visitor visa (Subclass 600) for Australia?
There are various streams under the Visitor visa (Subclass 600). Following are the same:
1. Tourist stream (apply in Australia)
2. Tourist stream (apply outside Australia)
3. Sponsored family stream
4. Business visitor stream
5. Approved Destination Status stream
6. Frequent traveler stream
Who can apply for Subclass 600 (Visitor) Visa?
The table given below describes the type of people who can apply for Subclass 600 (Visitor) Visa:
Who can apply
Tourist stream (apply in Australia)
Those who want to visit to Australia to explore or meet family.
Tourist stream (apply outside Australia)
Those who want to visit to Australia to explore or meet family.
Sponsored family stream
Those people who want to meet family members in Australia. For the same, the family members sponsor the trip
Business visitor stream
Those people who want to go to Australia for the purpose of business.
Approved Destination Status stream
Citizens from some areas of China.
Frequent traveler stream
Citizens of the People's Republic of China.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for an Australia Tourist Visa?
In order to be eligible for an Australian Visit Visa, the candidates:
1. Must have proof of funds to support themselves and their family (if accompanying)
2. Must have an intent to return to the home country
3. Must display the purpose of the visit
4. Must prove good health requirements
5. Must have character certificates
6. Must not have any criminal record
7. Must not have any debts towards the Government of Australia
8. Must not accept or seek any job offer
9. Must not study using the Visitor visa
10. Must follow all the laws of the country
11. If you one is visiting family or friends, then:
He/She must show the letter of invitation
12. If one is traveling the country, then:
He/She must show the travel documents
13. If you are visiting for medical purposes, then:
He/She must show the needed medical documents.
What are the documents required for an Australia Tourist Visa?
Following are the documents required for obtaining an Australia Tourist Visa:
1. Valid passport
2. Recent photographs
3. Completed visa application form (Form 1419)
4. Proof of purpose of visit
5. Proof of funds
6. Bank statements of last six months
7. Income tax returns for the past three years
8. Investments/Fixed deposits (if any)
9. Medical test results
10. Cover letter
11. Travel Insurance
12. Proof of Accommodation
What is the Application Process for an Australia Visit Visa?
Initially, the candidates are required to choose a suitable subclass and submit all the necessary documents. Then one must fill the visa application form and pay the required visa fees. Afterwards, he/she need to arrange an appointment for submitting the application form. On successfully meeting the eligibility criteria, one will get the tourist visa.
How much does it Cost for a Tourist Visa for Australia?
Australia tourist visa costs depends on the subclass one is applying to. Following are some of the visa fees which are described in the table below:
|Subclass 600||Varies depending on the streams|
Following are the fee details of the various streams:
|Streams||Fees (in Australian Dollars - AUD)|
|Tourist stream (apply in Australia)||365|
|Tourist stream (apply outside Australia)||145|
|Sponsored family stream||145|
|Business visitor stream||145|
|Approved Destination Status stream||145|
|Frequent traveler stream||1065|
Following are the Australia Visa Fee for Indian Citizens:
|Visa Subclass / Note||Base Charge|
|Visitor Subclass 600 - For all streams except Frequent Traveler / 1a and 1b||140AUD|
|Visitor Subclass 600 - For Frequent Traveler||1,020AUD|
|e-Visitor (Subclass 651)||Nil|
|ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) / 1c||Nil|
Note: The visa fee for Australia changes frequently on the basis of norms set by the Australian government.
What is the Processing Time for an Australian Visit Visa?
The processing time of getting the Australian tourist visa depends on the subclass one is applying to. There are various factors on which the processing time of visit visas depends such as response time to requests for additional information, time taken by the authorities to complete the required checks and many more. Therefore, one must submit the visa application in advance of the travel date. Following table depicts the processing time for various visa subclass:
|Subclass 651||4 months|
|Subclass 600||5 days - 6 months|
|Subclass 417||35 - 87 days|
|Subclass 462||51 - 85 days|
|Subclass 771||13 - 32 days|
1) What is the validity of the Australia tourist visa?
An Australian tourist visa have a validity of one year maximum. Usually, an individual can stay up to three months, however in some cases one stay up to 12 months.
2) Can I enter Australia more than once by using a tourist visa?
Yes, it is possible but, in such a case the candidate’s visa must be a multiple entry visa.
3) Can I extend my tourist visa?
Yes, tourist visa can be extended. However, following things must be kept in mind:
a) There are no 8503 conditions levied
b) The candidate must have a valid passport
c) The passport must hold validity for a period of minimum six months.
4) Can I work with the Australia tourist visa?
No, you cannot work on the Australia tourist visa.
5) Can I study with a tourist visa in Australia?
Yes, one can study with a tourist visa in Australia. However, the duration of the course must be less than three months. In case, you want to get a degree then you need to apply for a study visa instead.
6) What are the things which must be included in the visa cover letter?
The visa cover letter should include:
a) Purpose of the visit/ Intent of travel
b) Time and places one desires to visit
c) Details of funding
d) Length of the trip
7) What are the visa types under Subclass 462?
Following are the different types under Subclass 462:
1. First Work and Holiday visa
2. Second Work and Holiday visa
3. Third Work and Holiday visa
Here is the list of eligible countries for the Subclass 462:
|People's Republic of China||Peru||Turkey|
|Ecuador||Portugal||United States of America|
8) How many times can I visit Australia on a tourist visa?
One can visit Australia as many times as he/she wants to in a year, each time for three months.
How VS4U can help you?
- Profile Evaluation: Our experts analyze your profile in-depth to see which program is best suitable for you. Accordingly, we customize our services as per the program and requirement for the same.
- Documents & Review: A detailed and error-free documentation support is provided to the candidate which is maintained in specific formats.
- Dedicated Case Manager: A dedicated adviser is provided to help applicants throughout the process.
- Visa Filing: VS4U ensures that the visa applications meet all the quality necessities involved in the immigration process.
- Language Proficiency Tests: Complimentary on-line and offline offered to assist aspirants improve their Language Proficiency for necessary exams like IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Mock Interviews: Guidance is provided to aspirants attending visa interviews at the side of verified documents.
- Post Landing Services: We provide accommodation and job assistance to our clients as we have various links in Europe through which newcomers can settle in easily.
Planning to Relocate?