Canada Visit / Tourist Visa
Being one of the most prominent country among the immigrants all around the globe, millions of visitors and tourists visit to Canada every year to meet and greet their friends and family or to explore the natural beauty of the maple country. The permission to travel within the country is granted with the help of visit visa. Such a visa is granted for a duration of six months and is either single entry or multiple entry. However, it must be noted that one cannot work on Canada visit visa but can travel freely in the country.
What is Canada Visit Visa?
The Canada Visit Visa is an upfront visa application which gives the ability to an individual to visit Canada for a duration of up to 6 months. There are mainly two type of visas available in Canada i.e., Single entry visas and multiple entry visas. With a single entry visa, foreign nationals can only enter Canada once whereas a multiple entry visa allows its holder to come and go for as many number of times as they want while the visa holds a validity. However, one doesn’t need to apply for any particular type of visa, all the applicants are automatically considered for multiple entry visas and there are very exceptional situation where a single-entry visa will be awarded.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for a Canada Tourist Visa?
In order to be eligible for Canada Visit Visa, the candidate:
1. Must be 18 years and above (Primary applicant)
2. Should have valid passport and other travel related documents
3. Must not have any criminal violations
4. Must pay the visa application processing
5. Must fill the visa application form and Visa Application Center (VAC) Consent Form from visa office
6. Must have proof of enough funds for stay in Canada
7. Must provide medical examination reports
8. Attend and provide biometrics at the VAC i.e., Visa Application Centre
9. Must have an intent to come back to the home country
10. Proof of employment in the home country.
What documents are required for Canada Visitor Visa?
Here is the list of documents required for Canada Visitor Visa:
1. A valid passport with an expiry date after six months or more
2. Proof of relations in the country
3. Proof of funds to support stay in Canada
4. Letter of invitation from relatives if applicants are planning to stay with them
5. Medical clearance certificate (if applicable)
Those who wish to apply for Canada visit visa, can submit an application online, on paper, or in person at a Visa Application Center (VAC). In case an individual is travelling with the family then each family member, including the primary applicant and children under the age of 18, must fill out a separate application form. However, all the applications might be submitted all together at once. In addition, applicants for a Canada visa, on the basis of their nation of citizenship, may be asked to include biometric information in their application.
Further, the applicant must also provide a cover letter, while applying for a visit visa, as it is a important component of the application. Below mentioned elements must be included in the cover letter:
1. The motive for going to Canada
2. Explanation of how the expenses will be handled along with proof of required finances
3. Describe your source of income
4. Proof of Canadian Sponsor (if any) - Define the relation with the sponsor
5. Provide a summary of flying details, including the flight schedule along with the dates of scheduled activities in Canada.
6. Motive of the visit
How to apply for a Canadian Visit Visa?
Here are some easy steps which one can be follow to apply for Canadian Visit Visa:
1. Initially, the candidates are required to check the eligibility for Canada Visit Visa.
2. Then, they must arrange for all the necessary documents.
3. On meeting the criteria successfully, the candidate are the required to fill out the visa application form and submit all the necessary supporting documents.
4. Afterwards, the candidates are then required to pay the application fee and submit the application.
5. Then they are needed to wait until their application gets processed and upon arrival, the candidates will receive the mail from the immigration department to submit the passport for stamping.
What is the cost of a Visit Visa to Canada?
The costs needed for a Canadian Visit Visa is dependent on individual’s nationality and other status. Following are the general fees required for Canada Visit Visa:
|Application||Processing fee in CAD|
|Visitor Visa for single or multiple entries||100 per person|
|Visitor visa for single or multiple entries to for a family of 5 or more||500|
|Extend a visitor visa||100 per person|
|Restore a visitor visa||$200 per person|
Note: The cost given above might also include other costs like biometric fees, etc. In addition, one has to pay $7 eTA fee (if applicable).
What is the processing time for a Canada Visitor Visa?
It usually take 10-30 working days for a Canada tourist visa. Following are some factors on which the duration of the Canada tourist visa depends:
1. Mode of applying i.e., online or paper based
2. Country from where an individual is applying from
3. Awaiting application in the VAC office
4. Time of providing Biometrics
Other Important FAQs
Can I find a job in Canada on a tourist visa?
An individual may find a job when he/she is on a Canada tourist Visa. However, finding a job doesn’t allow the holder to work for the same while he/she is on a Canada Visit Visa. In order to get permit to work for an employer, one needs to change the status from a temporary resident visa to work permit.
Does a person require a visa for transit through Canada?
One does not require a visa for transit through Canada if he/she is from the US. However, a transit visa would be required by the non-US citizens, which is a type of temporary resident visa for non-exempt visa countries.
How can I get a transit visa?
The process for getting a transit visa is similar to the other visa type i.e., one needs to submit his/her application to the CIC i.e., Canada Immigration and Citizenship. It is necessary for the candidate to make the immigration officer believe that he/she doesn’t have any intent for immigration to the Canada.
What are the different temporary resident visas (TRV)?
Following are different types of TRVs:
1) Study Visa
2) Work Visa
3) Visitor Visa
What is electronic travel authorization?
Those foreign citizens who are exempted from getting tourist visas to Canada on their passport are required to have electronic travel authorization (eTA) and their passport while entering Canada.
Who requires an eTA?
An eTA is required by the following people:
1. Passport holder with valid Canadian visas such as a student visa or work visa
2. Canadian Passport holders, i.e., citizens of Canada
3. Canada PR holders
4. US passport holders
How VS4U can help you?
- Profile Evaluation: Our experts analyze your profile in-depth to see which program is best suitable for you. Accordingly, we customize our services as per the program and requirement for the same.
- Documents & Review: A detailed and error-free documentation support is provided to the candidate which is maintained in specific formats.
- Dedicated Case Manager: A dedicated adviser is provided to help applicants throughout the process.
- Visa Filing: VS4U ensures that the visa applications meet all the quality necessities involved in the immigration process.
- Language Proficiency Tests: Complimentary on-line and offline offered to assist aspirants improve their Language Proficiency for necessary exams like IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Mock Interviews: Guidance is provided to aspirants attending visa interviews at the side of verified documents.
- Post Landing Services: We provide accommodation and job assistance to our clients as we have various links in Europe through which newcomers can settle in easily.
Planning to Relocate?