UK Visit Visa
UK Standard Visitor Visa is the official name for the UK visit visa. It is a short-term visa that allows an applicant to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. It is usually issued to those individuals who wish to visit UK for tourism, to see family and friends, for professional reasons, or for medical treatment. Visa Solutions 4U being the #1 Tourist Visa Agents In Delhi will make you understand the complete process. Let us discuss UK Tourist Visa India.
The Standard Visitor visa has taken the place of the following visas:
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor visa, together with visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
What can you do with a Visitor Visa to the United Kingdom?
A holder of a UK tourist visa is prohibited from using public medical services in favor of private ones, from using public finances, from marrying or entering a civil partnership without notifying the authorities, and from taking up a voluntary work. A Standard Visitor Visa holder is permitted to engage in the following job-related activities:
- Attend a conference, regular meeting, or training, or participate in a sporting event;
- As an academic, doing research;
- As an academic accompanying students going to enroll in a Foreign Studies Program;
- As an artist performing in an artistic, entertainment, or musical activity;
- Engage in a clinical duty, or a job as an observer, doctor, or dentist;
- Take a test of PLAB i.e., Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board or OSCE i.e., Objective Structured Clinical Examination
What are the necessary documents for UK Tourist Visa?
Following are the documents required to support the UK Tourist Visa process:
- UK Tourist Visa Application
- Two recent photographs according to the guidelines
- Valid passport
- Proof of funds
- Travel history Proof of last 10 years
- Bio metric information.
- Letter of Invitation.
- Fee receipts.
- Language Proficiency Proof
- Medical certificates
- Other additional Requirements
Additional Conditions Depending on Your Work Situation
The candidate will be required to provide additional documentation based on your employment position, as follows:
1) If the candidate have a job:
A letter of recommendation from your employer. Your job title, income, and term of employment should all be confirmed in this letter.
2) If the candidate is working:
Certificates of incorporation which should verify the name of the business owner as well as the commencement date of the company.
3) If he/she is a student:
You should have a letter from your institution of higher learning which must include the enrollment and leave of absence.
Additional Requirements for Minors
Minor applicants (who are below the age of 18) will be required to provide a number of extra papers. Following are the same:
- A copy of birth certificate
- Adoption documents (if applicable)
- If the applicant is travelling alone or with someone who isn't your parent(s): A signed letter from the minor's parent(s) verifying the minor's travel companions.
- A copy of the biographical page of the parent(s) or legal guardian's passport.
What is the cost of UK Standard Visitor Visa?
The cost of a Standard Visitor visa is £95. The cost of a long-term Standard Visitor visa is determined on the duration of your stay. The 6 month stay visa is the most popular of all the visas. The fees structure is shown in detail in the table below.
UK Standard Visitor Visa Application Fees
|Standard Visitor Visa||6 Months||£95|
|Long-Term Standard Visitor Visa||2 Years||£361|
|Long-Term Standard Visitor Visa||5 Years||£655|
|Long-Term Standard Visitor Visa||10 Years||£822|
How much time does it take to process UK Standard Visitor Visa?
Usually the candidates get the UK Standard Visitor Visa within three weeks after the appointment at the Visa Application Centre.
Can Standard Visitor Visa be extended?
You may extend your Standard visitor visa in certain unusual situations. Except in the following instances, the total term of extension plus visa time usually does not exceed 6 months:
- If you are receiving private medical treatment. You may be granted an extra 6-month visa extension to seek medical treatment. You must demonstrate that you have paid your care charges, that you have the ability to pay extra expenditures, and that you have not violated immigration or visa laws.
- If you are an academic working on a research project. The total length of the extension and the initial visa duration should not exceed 12 months.
- If you are taking the PLAB test for the second time. You may be able to extend your contract for an extra six months.
- If you desire to do clinical duties after passing the PLAB test. The extended term is no more than a year and a half.
How to Apply for a UK Visitor Visa?
A visiting visa for the United Kingdom must be applied from outside the country. You must apply for this visa at least 30 days before your intended trip to the United Kingdom. Following steps can be followed to apply for a UK Visitor Visa:
- Determine whether you qualify for a tourist visa.
- Fill out the online application.
- Gather the necessary documentation.
- Make an appointment with someone.
- Show up for the interview.
1) How long does it take for an Indian citizen to obtain a UK tourist visa?
You can apply for a UK tourist visa from India up to three months before your departure date. Once you've paid the Visa cost, you should receive a decision within three weeks. In other circumstances, though, it may take longer.
2) What is the cost of a UK Tourist Visa from India?
From March 29, 2019, the price for a UK tourist visa is as follows:
- Short (Single or Multiple entries, up to 6 months) – 95 Pounds
- Long-term - 361 pounds (valid for a maximum of 2 years)
- Long-term 655 pounds (valid for a maximum of 5 years)
- Long-term planning (Valid for maximum 10 years) — Pounds: 822
3) What can't you do with a Standard Visitor Visa in the United Kingdom?
An individual, on a UK Visitor Visa can’t:
- Work in the country,
- Live in the UK for extended periods of time via regular trips
- Receive public money
- Marry or register or provide a notice of a civil partnership or Marriage
4) Is it possible to utilize the UK Standard Visitor visa for business and extend it if necessary?
According to the visa requirements, you are permitted to engage in any business operations in the United Kingdom. There are a few circumstances under which the UK Standard Visitor Visa can be extended.
How VS4U can help you?
The leading tourist visa agents in Delhi, India is Visa Solutions 4U. Tourist Visas, PR Visas, Work Visas, Student Visas, Temporary Visas, and Dependent Visas in Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, and many other countries are the specialty of VS4U. You could trust us with your visa applications because we are among the top immigration consultants in Delhi, India and the best study abroad consultants in Delhi NCR. VS4U provides its clients with specialized services in addition to visa services, including:
- Profile Evaluation: Our experts analyze your profile in-depth to see which program is best suitable for you. Accordingly, we customize our services as per the program and requirement for the same.
- Documents & Review: A detailed and error-free documentation support is provided to the candidate which is maintained in specific formats.
- Dedicated Case Manager: A dedicated adviser is provided to help applicants throughout the process.
- Visa Filing: VS4U ensures that the visa applications meet all the quality necessities involved in the immigration process.
- Language Proficiency Tests: Complimentary on-line and offline offered to assist aspirants improve their Language Proficiency for necessary exams like IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Mock Interviews: Guidance is provided to aspirants attending visa interviews at the side of verified documents.
- Post Landing Services: We provide accommodation and job assistance to our clients as we have various links in UK through which newcomers can settle in easily.
Planning to Relocate?