CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) Letter For UK Student Visa
To obtain a student visa for the United Kingdom, you must have a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) letter. To stay and study in the UK, foreign students need a General Student Visa (Tier 4). A UK study visa cannot be granted to a student without a CAS letter.
The CAS number can be provided by students as evidence that they have received an unconditional offer from the university. This number serves as admission confirmation to the UK visa officials, who then begin the general procedure for student visa processing. The student's visa application is denied if the data submitted to the university to generate the CAS does not match the data submitted in the application.
Numerous universities offer CAS letters to students. The applicant for a Tier 4 student visa must select the university where he or she plans to enroll and include the CAS letter from that institution in the application. The CAS letters from other colleges will no longer be valid once this is completed, making it difficult for the student to use them when applying for a visa. Following are further specifics on the CAS letter UK.
A CAS Letter: What Is It?
The Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter is a digital document that contains the student's Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number, a special reference number given to him or her by the specific university to which he or she is applying. The UK university sends it to the applicant at the email address used for the application procedure. The student visa application must include the CAS number, which is valid for six months after the date of issuance. The institution that is admitting the student is referred to as an immigration sponsor and issues the CAS letter UK.The details that the university needed for producing the CAS number will also be included in the CAS letter.
The information contained in the CAS statement is detailed below:
- CAS number of 14 digits
- Information about the sponsor, including name, licence number, address, etc.
- Information about the student, including name, gender, nationality, date of birth, place of birth, passport, etc.
- Information about the course, including the name, ID, qualification received, time frame, and course type (full-time or part-time)
- Basic qualifications such as the SELT, ATAS, level of proficiency in English, test provider, etc.
- Information on the accommodations, such as the availability of housing and related costs
- Details of the job placement
How Can You Get a CAS Number?
Obtaining a CAS letter in the UK is an easy but long process. While some UK colleges deliver the CAS letter automatically, others require that the student applies for a CAS number. If a new candidate accepts an unconditional admission offer from a UK university and pays the required deposits for the specific program, they will get the CAS letter no later than four months before the beginning of the course. Following are the stages of the complete CAS letter application process in the UK:
When is the Student's CAS Number Available?
The university a student is enrolling in determines whether they will receive a CAS letter. Students at some universities, like Kingston University, must submit a request for a CAS number. Other universities, including the University of Nottingham, independently send the CAS number. A CAS number can be requested, or the UK university will send one when:
- He or she has accepted the university's unconditional offer.
- He or she has paid the required deposit to confirm their enrollment at the university.
- Less than three months left till the start of the course at the UK university.
Why do UK visa officials need to have the CAS number?
An unconditional offer of admission to a UK university is represented by a CAS number. The CAS number is used by visa officials to verify that the applicant has been admitted to a specific UK university or college before moving on to the general student visa issuing process. The visa application is initially rejected if it turns out that the university's number is different from the information the applicant submitted. A single CAS number is only acceptable for one visa application and is only valid for six months.
How is the CAS sent by the university?
Each UK university has a particular method for sending the CAS number. The following describes the general process for sending the CAS letter by a UK university:
- First, the UK university emails the student with information about the admissions ID.
- Students must log in using the email's given link.
- The applicant can use a dashboard option to view his or her CAS statement.
- In some circumstances, students may need to request a CAS number by submitting supporting documentation, such as transcripts, financial records, a TB certificate, and an ATAS certificate. After submitting the documentation, the students are given a link to their CAS statement.
- All essential processes for the candidate's admission will be contained in the CAS statement. Additionally, students will need to add a few more specifics to the statement.
- The applicant must next confirm that all of the data in the CAS statement is accurate.
- The student should give the admission authorities an email highlighting any mistakes and suggesting amendments if there are any details on the CAS statement that are incorrect.
- Another email is sent to the student once the information is filled out and submitted.
- The final CAS statement and CAS number are included in this email. To access the CAS number, the student might be required to enter into their account.
- Finally, it is suggested that the students print out the CAS statement for their records. The only requirement for the UK student visa application is the CAS number.
Letter Sample for UK CAS
Below is a model CAS letter that students can use as a guide:
|Name of University|
|CAS Number||Your CAS number will be displayed here.|
|Date of Issue:||Date when your CAS was issued.|
|Personal ID:||Here you will see your application reference number.|
|Name:||Your full name|
|Address:||Your current address|
|Passport Number:||Your passport number|
|Sponsor License Number:||This is the sponsor license number for the university you have applied to.|
|Unconditional Offer for:||The name of the course you've selected|
|Academic Level:||Your selected program's level|
|Date of Start:||The day your course officially starts.|
|End Date:||The day your course officially finishes|
|Mode of Study:||Full-time|
|Last Date for Enrollment:||Enrollment ends on this date|
|ATAS Required:||Is an ATAS certificate required? (Yes/No)|
|Location of Study:||The location where the majority of your study will take place.|
|Fee for the course:||The cost of the course you selected in pounds|
|Course Fee Paid to Date:||How much fees you have already paid|
|Receipt Number:||Payment Receipt Number|
|Living Expenses:||£820 Monthly (can be different)|
|Accommodation Fee Paid to Date:||How much fee you have already paid for university accommodation|
|Number of Receipts:||Receipt Number of Payment|
|How applicability was assessed:||Your application's supporting documentation submitted by you|
|Course Title:||Program name you previously completed|
|Course Level:||The level of your preceding program|
|Awarding body:||Name of your former college or university|
|English Program Title:||Previous English language program (if applicable)|
|Grade:||The grade you obtained for the last course|
Processing Time for CAS Letters
After all of the information in the statement has been verified, it typically takes the UK university around 10 days to issue the CAS number to the students. One must email the admissions committee to notify them of the delay if the UK CAS letter processing period is longer than 20 days. A CAS number is only good for one visa application, and CAS letters are only valid for six months.
Students who want to pursue their educational dreams in the UK can contact Visa Solutions 4U for all the information they need regarding the requirements, limitations, advantages, and waivers that are applicable to their application for a UK student visa.
You can apply for a UK student visa via Visa Solutions 4U and be assured that it won't be refused.